Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

could i be pregnant, I need advice!

7 replies

tabitha03 · 13/10/2003 22:56

This is a long boring message but i need advice! I stopped taking the pill 5 wks before my last period, my last period started on 18th sept, ive stupidly had u/p sex onthe 21st sept, 26th sept, 28th sept and 3rd oct. Now either ive caught something nasty or i could be pregnant. Not sure how it all works.Around tue 30th sept - sun 5th oct i bled a bit on and off and had a watery discharge - sounds foul i know! If i have a regular 4wk cycle, which im not sure of coz of bein on pill for 6 years i should be due this friday the 17th. However for over the past week i have been getting pains like period pain and a clear discharge now....does this mean im ovulating now??????? Ive been feelin pukey for over a week but put it down to worry and stress since letting my boyf know my concern he has disapperered with now no way of me contacting him ever as lives somewhere south. Stress and despair! Can anyone help me, am i worrying for nothing. Ive done about 6 preg tests even tho i know it wont show!!!!! Help!!!! Im only 23 and never had this dilemma b4.

OP posts:
Please
or

mears · 13/10/2003 23:02

It is a possiblity you could be pregnant but you will only know if your period does not arrive. You might be lucky though as you may not yet have ovulated when you had sex. Sorry to preach but I don't understand why you had unprotected sex in the first place. Why did you come off the pill? Apart from anything else you are putting yourself at risk of sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia. Hope it works out for you and if it does, get yourself protected.

Please
or

misdee · 13/10/2003 23:05

thats a lot of unprotected sex. actaully thats a lot of sex!! (not jealous honest!!).

anyway, like mears said, if it doesnt appear, then maybe.

Please
or

tabitha03 · 13/10/2003 23:09

i came off the pill coz it wasnt suitable for me, i have also been on anti ds which i dont take now which mixed incredidbly with alcohol at those times and made me feel very drunk but only after 1 0r 2 glasses of wine. I just wonder if it is likely that ive ended up pregnant. Ive never had to know anything about this before....stupid i know.

OP posts:
Please
or

tabitha03 · 13/10/2003 23:19

With 'all' tests do i have to wait until my period is due? Or can blood tests show sooner? Its all up in the air as i dont know how long my cycle should be.

OP posts:
Please
or

mears · 13/10/2003 23:27

The earliest to test would really be 4 weeks after your last period. In fact, it would probably be best to wait until 5 weeks to be more sure of the result. Blood test would not be offered (would cost too much to test every woman who had unprotected sex!) - best to do urine test if period is missed.
If you are concerned about pregnancy go and see you doctor.

Please
or

tabitha03 · 13/10/2003 23:41

i go the docs this fri to find out if anything nasty as went last tue. Just a case of waiting for other then. Im not a tart by the way,i just re-read my msg and that is how it comes across, this is just a situation ive never been in before.Thankyou for your your advice

OP posts:
Please
or

mears · 13/10/2003 23:45

Hopefully everything will be OK tabitha03. I had the experience of worrying about being pregnant in my younger years and was so relieved to find out I had been lucky and not 'got caught'. Talk to your doctor about suitable contraception. The mirena coil might be a good idea. The risk of unprotected sex is just not worth it. I am sure most of us on mumsnet have been there.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?