Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Could I possibly be pregnant???

26 replies

Welshmum · 22/09/2003 13:46

I really need some advice with this one as I'm at work and can't take a test until later. Basically I'm 4 days late at the end of a cycle when we didn't have sex at the right time to conceive BUT last month we did and although I had a period from what I remember it was pretty light. My only other symptom was a week about a fortnight ago when I felt sooo tired I could hardly function - I even made an appointment at the doctors because I thought there was something wrong with me(!)- cancelled it today. I don't have any other pg symptoms - but I don't remember having any last time round. The other thing to say is that I'm due to start taking Clomid again this cycle - that's how I got pg last time around. Any thoughts - including - you're deluding yourself, stop getting overexcited, very welcome.

OP posts:
Please
or

codswallop · 22/09/2003 13:48

go and get one now!!

Please
or

Welshmum · 22/09/2003 13:58

I don't want to get too excited though and the nearest chemist is miles away. Will have to wait.....

OP posts:
Please
or

aloha · 22/09/2003 13:59

There's no such thing as the wrong time to conceive. Honestly. My friend got pg the day after her period ended. Pop out 'for a coffee' - buy a pg test and pop to the loo....then report back! Fingers crossed.

Please
or

codswallop · 22/09/2003 13:59

GO GO GO GO

Please
or

Welshmum · 22/09/2003 14:00

I'm so relieved you don't think I'm being madly optimistic

OP posts:
Please
or

CountessDracula · 22/09/2003 14:03

Don't wait! Get down to the chemist!

Please
or

codswallop · 22/09/2003 14:03

i had the tires thing days after conception oddly both tomes in supermarkets asnd was pg both times

Please
or

codswallop · 22/09/2003 14:03

babe in arms

Please
or

CnR · 22/09/2003 14:05

Go and do a test! I conceived on the month when I thought we hadn't had sex at the right time too; in fact my due dates made me appear to have a very odd 'conception' time scale.

Please
or

Welshmum · 22/09/2003 14:10

Can't do a test until this evening - honestly am miles away from a chemist...will let you know

OP posts:
Please
or

CountessDracula · 22/09/2003 14:23

Damn.

Please
or

codswallop · 22/09/2003 14:25

I am dissapointed. Where on earth do you work? azerbijjan?

Please
or

codswallop · 22/09/2003 14:25

cant spell

Please
or

Welshmum · 22/09/2003 14:36

Just in the middle of nowhere and am in charge so can't slope off without it being a faff...it's psychological too. Took so long and involved so many procedures last time I daren't get excited - protecting myself.

OP posts:
Please
or

forestfly · 22/09/2003 14:38

Fingers crossed for you

Please
or

sunchowder · 22/09/2003 15:13

Welshmum, it's tintilating! Whatever happens you know it will be just the right thing. From here on in, you need one dipstick in your office desk, one for the purse and one in the bathroom cabinet at home--I need to design a spiffy cover for them so no questions asked (like an eyeglass cover). Doesn't Tesco carry them?

Please
or

EmmaTMG · 22/09/2003 15:56

Ohhhh, I love these ones......

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Please
or

easy · 22/09/2003 16:07

I have a question. Whats this about having sex "at the right time", and more to the point, how do you remember? (alright, 2 questions)

Surely, the right time to have sex is when you both fancy it.

And I guess, as you're trying to concieve, you write down when you 'did it'? Or, do you just have a much MUCH better sex life than I do?

(actually I don't at all ATM, but thats a different story)

Sorry, just being light hearted, Good Luck WelshMum)

Please
or

Welshmum · 22/09/2003 16:35

Oh well I thought as much, negative. I bunked off work early to put myself out of my misery. Looks like I'll be swallowing the Clomid again. Made an otherwise dull afternoon much more interesting though - and convinced me (if I needed convincing) that I definitely do want another small person in my life - if I'm lucky enough to achieve it again.

OP posts:
Please
or

Welshmum · 22/09/2003 16:39

Easy..sorry didn't answer your questions. If you've had any sort of trouble getting pg I think it's ingrained when the 'right time' is, sex when we fancy it sometimes happens too Wouldn't dream of putting myself in the 'loads of sex' category but am pretty happy with my lot and with my DH - which I think is good considering the amount of stress fertility treatment puts on you.

OP posts:
Please
or

hana · 22/09/2003 16:40

awww, Welshmum, sorry you didn't get the result you were hoping for this time around.......I've only just read this and your message came up before I got to the top.
fingers crossed for next month!!
hana

Please
or

EmmaTMG · 22/09/2003 16:48

I'm sorry to hear that W.mum......hopefully next month will bring better news

Please
or

CnR · 22/09/2003 21:07

Sorry to hear that Welshmum. Fingers crossed for next time.

Please
or

CountessDracula · 22/09/2003 22:57

damn, sorry to hear that.

Please
or

sunchowder · 22/09/2003 23:19

Ah Welshmum! You've got a great attitude--did you buy at least 4 kits? Stash them everywhere....it is like trying to sell a house, it only takes one buyer...that very special sperm is waiting, waiting for the best, best egg. Take a big breath and have a delicious meal for strength.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?