Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clomid and Persona

12 replies

Metrobaby · 12/09/2003 22:02

A friend of mine is ttc her 1st, and has been prescribed Clomid. Unfortunately the first round ( 6mnths worth), she had no success . She is on her second round now is hoping she'll be lucky this time. Do you think if she uses Persona as well she'll be able to pinpoint exactly when she is ovulating ? Has anyone had any success using clomid and persona together ??

OP posts:
Please
or

bunny2 · 12/09/2003 22:11

Clomid worked for me 2nd month. I was told it would only be prescribed for 6 months max as, if it hadnt worked in that time, it was unlikely to. I cant give any further advice except to suggest she looks at other medication (presuming she was monitored on clomid to find the appropriate level of dosage).

Please
or

marthamoo · 12/09/2003 22:19

Clomid didn't make me ovulate on time on the lower dose, I tested with persona and was unable to pinpoint when (if) I was ovulating. After two cycles of Clomid I actually got pregnant completely by chance (ovulated roughly two weeks after I should have done and was feeling frisky at the right time). Have they upped the dose for the second round? All I can suggest is she keeps using Persona at around the time she should ovulate and hope she gets lucky. If she doesn't ovulate on time (and it just isn't feasible to keep testing at random, not at £20 for five tests) I suggest she and her partner just go at it like rabbits until af arrives (or, with luck, doesn't).

I hope it works for her - I know how disheartening it is and how mechanical sex can become.

Please
or

bunny2 · 12/09/2003 22:31

Clomid worked for me 2nd month. I was told it would only be prescribed for 6 months max as, if it hadnt worked in that time, it was unlikely to. I cant give any further advice except to suggest she looks at other medication (presuming she was monitored on clomid to find the appropriate level of dosage).

Please
or

bunny2 · 12/09/2003 22:32

oops!

Please
or

Egypt · 13/09/2003 08:06

metrobaby- not sure if you mean that she's had first round OF 6 months or she's on her second round of 6 months. if shes on her second month of 6, she should be fine to keep going, using opks if she can afford them. opks did the trick with me ist time using clomid. if she is on her second lot of 6 months, then i agree with bunny, she ought to be thinking of other meds as if no luck after 6 then not likely to happen.

Please
or

Egypt · 13/09/2003 08:08

sorry that didnt make sense! has she had one month of clomid (first of 6 months?) or has she taken clomid for 6 months and is now doing another 6??) sorry....just woken up

Please
or

twiglett · 13/09/2003 08:57

message withdrawn

Please
or

quackers · 13/09/2003 11:46

Persona manual defo says don't use it if u have PCOS. It can give a false surge apparantly. But loads of peole on here have used OPK's and Persona and it worked. I suppose she would just have to use it as a guide but not a bible!!

Please
or

Lilypad · 13/09/2003 12:22

I've had not tried persona & clomid but I've been on clomid for 11 months now & no luck. I've have just been diagnosed with an under active thyroid which could be causing my infertility. Worth a bloodtest if your doctor will Metrobaby friend.

Please
or

rainbow · 13/09/2003 12:30

Clomid worked for me first time around. My problem was caused by the pill. Has your friend had day 21 hormone test? My friend actually got pregnant by getting tipsy,(her not him) Doctor said it probably worked because she was more relaxed, trying to hard can often lead to failure as you are too tense and muscles are tight.

I've also heard that trying too hard and having sex too often doesn't help. having sex every other day only around ovualtion brings better results. Gives DH/P sperm store a chance to build up. The more sperm the better the chance of fertilisation!!

Good Luck TTC Metrobaby friend!

Please
or

Jemma7 · 15/09/2003 14:39

Rainbow, sorry to be nosey but how do you know your problem was caused by the pill?

It's just i have been on the pill for 2 years and have been ttc since Xmas - i wonder if the pill could be the cause as to why it is taking so long.

Please
or

Metrobaby · 15/09/2003 14:55

My friend had finished her 6 month supply of Clomid - although it may have been 4 months - I can't remember exactly. She had a op to make sure her tubes were clear (they were), so she has just been put on another 4 month supply of Clomid. Apparently her consultant says that it should work this time, and advised BD'ing every other day from day 10. She also has PCOS and was on the pill for yrs.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?