Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Sorry to be pain.....

32 replies

quackers · 20/08/2003 14:16

Just wanted a little reassurance from the 'experts'!! I know I have probably had more than my fair share of advice etcc lately! I couldn't resist doing a persona test today. It was pm and I got a very strong result. Also, I have had brown blood a little every day since m/c but today there was a little pink. Does this happen when u ovulate? Was worried and knew there would be some advice here!! Good to know I'm still ov'g though, you get a bit worried after m/c that you've lost the knack! I've never had this when ov'g. That means I'm one step closer to ttc again!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jemma7 · 20/08/2003 14:44

I wouldn't know quackers as i am certainly no "Expert" and gain all my Persona knowledge (Not that i have alot) from you.
Anyway, hope this is a good sign and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Please
or

hewlettsdaughter · 20/08/2003 19:39

Not sure I know either quackers, but it all sounds promising.

Please
or

quackers · 21/08/2003 08:28

Bit worried to be honest. That LH was a bit too strong, did another test this am ( when I should have done it in the first place) and the line was strong and how it always was when ov'g. I don't feel as though I'm ov'g, in fact I thought I did on Sat. Sort of worrying it's PCO as you get strong LH with that. My ovaries looked ok on the scan but heard they can sometimes. Oh well, see when AF arrives and take it from there I think. Will do some research!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Egypt · 21/08/2003 10:56

Hi Quackers, wouldn't have thought it is PCO with such a strong LH surge. I have PCO and I get a negative LH surge for about 3 weeks of cycle, then around the whole WEEK that i should ov I get a line that is the same as the reference line. Never ever darker. The cons said that ov LH peaks have a reading of about 30 'whatevers'. I have a reading of about 14-20 all of the time. Never higher. I'm sure you are ov. Also, no polys on the scan is a surefire way of ruling out the PCO. Only a very very few % of PCO people have no cysts, hardly any. Did you/do you have reg periods? If so you are certainly fine. But I'm no doc!

Please
or

quackers · 21/08/2003 12:12

EGYPT, thankyou so much for that reassurance. I know you have have PCO and wondered if you could help. I just thought I ov'd Sat and then to have such a strong blue line and then again this am was too weird. I will test again in the am and if it is a lot fainter then I know it's ov. Yes I heard that u can have PCO with no cycts. Didn't realise it was such a low percentage. Howvever, I would put nothing past my body at the moment. So a strong line is something you don't get with PCO then, I didn't know that either.
My periods were always 28 days before my m/carriagesm, then they are generally 25-30 days but I do have a period every month and have felt ov until this month. Just panicking I suppose. How long should the line stay dark for?? Do you know? I could have had this line for several days now! My Doc is sending me for blood test on day 21, but has put on the slip FSH/day 21progesterone test. FSH can only be tested on day 3??? I think she got it wrong.When would be best to test for PCO though/LH surge and I will go then??
Thanks Egypt, appreciate this input from you. Hope all goes well for you!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Egypt · 21/08/2003 20:50

Hi Quackers.. I think you can have FSH tested at any time. I know mine was on day 28 one time! just happened to be the day that i had an appointment at the clinic. Not completely sure on this though. I don't know that you can't get a strong surge with PCO but i know that i certainly dont. hoping to this month on the clomid. (Have you seen Bunny's news!!!!!) I asked the cons about the length of time the LH is supposed to be high and he did say one day. It's just a window. But I think that if it raises and falls like it may be doing with you then thats ok. We are supposed to stoop testing after the day of the surge, so its not something i suppose many people will know, but i reckon if it is really strong surge it will show up for more than one day as it starts to go down. I'm sure if you had PCO you would know by now, with a complete lack of ov in the past and irregular periods. Dont worry. LH and FSH should ideally be tested together on day 2-3 of cycle. This is before the surge. If the results are the same then you are fine. Tell you what, I shall post you a link to an answer about all this i got from a girl on another message board website. She is excellent and knows all! You could even drop her a question. will be back................

Please
or

Egypt · 21/08/2003 20:51

Hi Quackers.. I think you can have FSH tested at any time. I know mine was on day 28 one time! just happened to be the day that i had an appointment at the clinic. Not completely sure on this though. I don't know that you can't get a strong surge with PCO but i know that i certainly dont. hoping to this month on the clomid. (Have you seen Bunny's news!!!!!) I asked the cons about the length of time the LH is supposed to be high and he did say one day. It's just a window. But I think that if it raises and falls like it may be doing with you then thats ok. We are supposed to stoop testing after the day of the surge, so its not something i suppose many people will know, but i reckon if it is really strong surge it will show up for more than one day as it starts to go down. I'm sure if you had PCO you would know by now, with a complete lack of ov in the past and irregular periods. Dont worry. LH and FSH should ideally be tested together on day 2-3 of cycle. This is before the surge. If the results are the same then you are fine. Tell you what, I shall post you a link to an answer about all this i got from a girl on another message board website. She is excellent and knows all! You could even drop her a question. will be back................

Please
or

Egypt · 21/08/2003 20:52

Hi Quackers.. I think you can have FSH tested at any time. I know mine was on day 28 one time! just happened to be the day that i had an appointment at the clinic. Not completely sure on this though. I don't know that you can't get a strong surge with PCO but i know that i certainly dont. hoping to this month on the clomid. (Have you seen Bunny's news!!!!!) I asked the cons about the length of time the LH is supposed to be high and he did say one day. It's just a window. But I think that if it raises and falls like it may be doing with you then thats ok. We are supposed to stop testing after the day of the surge, so its not something i suppose many people will know, but i reckon if it is really strong surge it will show up for more than one day as it starts to go down. I'm sure if you had PCO you would know by now, with a complete lack of ov in the past and irregular periods. Dont worry. LH and FSH should ideally be tested together on day 2-3 of cycle. This is before the surge. If the results are the same then you are fine. Tell you what, I shall post you a link to an answer about all this i got from a girl on another message board website. She is excellent and knows all! You could even drop her a question. will be back................

Please
or

Egypt · 21/08/2003 20:53

ooooo blimey, sorry about that!!

Please
or

Egypt · 21/08/2003 21:20

Quackers - here it is. Read the messages by Samsie. She is v good. PCO info

Please
or

quackers · 22/08/2003 09:32

Thanks Egypt, my LH was still strong this am but a little fainter than the last couple of days. Normally I'm sure it has gone by now. I'll have to wait till my blood test I think at 21 days. That will show if I've ov and I suppose thenI'll know. It's so frustrating not knowing - just want to know all is ok and if it's not I can do something about it. You're really helpful!!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

niknik · 22/08/2003 09:38

Does anyone know if it is normal to feel sick the second half of your cycle. I have for the last 3 months and I think I ov'd 2 days ago and now feel really nauseous.

When I had my Day 21 progesterone checked it was 75 which I thought was a little high, does anyone know if this is an indicator. I never used to be like this before m/c

Please
or

splash · 22/08/2003 09:40

Hi quackers, how are you feeling?
I dont think you have anything to worry about with ovulating. you seem to be fairly fertile. did you - you know what with dh?? i dont mean that in an unfair way. i just know that sometimes we are desperate to become a mum again. i know that you posted you were going to wait. im not trying to be insensitive, i just know how my mind works. the thing that kept me going after my loss was that i could try again. but i was warned not too ever again. and here i am.

Please
or

quackers · 22/08/2003 09:56

Hi Splash - agian congrats to you my friend!
We havn't done it since we conceived the last baby I'm afraid as I couldn't do it in pg and I'm still having a bit of bleeding which is very annoying. The scan showed I still have 1cm of lining to come out so I think it's that. Worse when I exercise though. Yes I am obviously depserate for another and this is why I'm getting paranoid, just didn't seem to feel ov this time and these strong LH lines worry me. I'm always worrying arn't I!!!
Nik Nik have alook at this link, it does say all places test differently so I don't know what any of it means. I'm the same worry, worry all the time since the m/c's, always think I've got something and now I know too much it stops me enjoying it. Feels like ages till I can try again!!!
hormones

OP's posts:
Please
or

niknik · 22/08/2003 09:59

Thanks very much for finding that link for me Quackers

Please
or

quackers · 22/08/2003 10:02

No worries, don't know if it's any use though to be honest as it says 10 for progesterone. What do high levels mean - Egypt do you know?? Nik have to been ttc - sorry if I have missed any posts but only just come back to the ttc threads really - even though I'm not yet ttc. When was your m/c??

OP's posts:
Please
or

niknik · 22/08/2003 10:20

Quackers I have been ttc since April 02 so nearly 17 months now and using Persona since October 02 so getting really concerned that it is never going to happen for us.

I had a miscarrage at 7 weeks in March but only new for about a week cos I got loads of neg PG tests, as my HCG levels were too low.

I had my first appointment in the fertility clinic on Aug 4th. At the moment we don't know if either me or DH are ok but his first sperm test was a bit borderline so he is repeating it next month.

The consultant didn't make much of my blood tests but when I've looked on some sites they say they like the progesterone to be over 30. I think the tests on the site you posted are US and I'm not sure of the conversion to the UK tests.

Please
or

quackers · 22/08/2003 10:46

Yes it is US so probably is no use to us then. So you conceived earlier this year. Your m/c was the same time as mine. Your due date must be soon then too. I'll be thinking of you. I'm glad the fertility clinic is seeing you early. I know it sounds wierd but I hope they don't find anything, then you know it's just a matter of time etcc.. You only have a 20-25% chance each cycle anyway. Hopefully the sperm count will be a little more positive then next time. I know of someone who had low sperm count and they extracted what 'motile' sperm he had and fertilised as like IVF. That's the extreme but at least there's something that can be done and this in itself is sometimes half the battle, just knowing there are options. Good luck with everything.xxxxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

niknik · 22/08/2003 11:31

Thanks for that Quackers. I've got DH on high dose Vit C and Zinc tablets as I read that this can increase numbers and make them swim faster so hopefully we will see an improvement with his count next month

I had dye squirted in my tubes this week which showed that one was defo patent but there not 100% sure about my right side. But the consultant said one side is fine and therefore not to worry !!!!!!! (easy for him)

We will just have to wait to see in October what my Doc has to say

Mean while I will carry on weeing on sticks and BD'ing

Please
or

Egypt · 22/08/2003 11:34

Yes, found in my Dr Winston book 'Getting Pregnant' (order it its great)
Prog:
" there are 2 different ways of expressing these hormone measurements, either 'nmol per litre' (common in Britain) or 'ng per litre' (common in US). The normal level following ovulation is 30 nmol per litre or 10 ng per litre depending on which measurement is used."
Hope that makes sense!

Please
or

quackers · 22/08/2003 11:35

Well done Egypt, you really are a little star! How's it going today?? what day are you now?

OP's posts:
Please
or

quackers · 22/08/2003 11:40

Oops just saw your post Nik. My friend had only one tube after ectopic. Thought she;d never get her chance again as she was an older mum2be but she did it in a month! I love hearing success tories don't u. Can you feel which side has ov'd that month?? Sometimes you can. Good your hubby is on those supplements, not too long to wait then before you know. Does he drink alot - this can sometimes make sperm quality poor too. Hard to do wothout drink though I know, I certainly can't - unless I'm pg of course, which has been for the maority of this year it seems! ONE DAY!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Egypt · 22/08/2003 11:40

am on day 12. just saying earlier, without sounding too grim, that had huge amount of CM this morning when i got up, temp was really low and a slight pain in right side. Praying that i am about to ov. doing test today to see- fingers crossed. how are you?

Please
or

quackers · 22/08/2003 11:48

Oh Egypt that sounds SO promising - hope it's a positive for you today. I'm fine thanks, just still worrying about this LH. Just is so strange to have it for so long. Like you say you stop testing after the surge, but the levels are defo a bit less. Will see if ov'g at 21 day test, will need to wait until I've had a period first though so will be a while. I've not had probs before with this sort of thing so have to be positive I suppose.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Egypt · 22/08/2003 12:36

Do you think that the high LH is present because of m/c? It could well be you never know. You should maybe ask the doc.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?