Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Persona - Where's my "O"??

7 replies

Azure · 16/08/2003 09:30

After ttc for a year I've splashed out the outrageous price for a Persona kit. I'm in day 16 of my first month and there is still no "o". Two days ago my second line was a faint blue, yesterday it was really strong and I was convinced there would be an "o" today, but today there is no second line at all. Does anyone have any advice? Do you think I've ovulated? My cycle last month was 25 days, but it does vary. Would also appreciate hearing any other Persona stories.

OP posts:
Please
or

twiglett · 16/08/2003 10:03

message withdrawn

Please
or

Azure · 16/08/2003 10:17

Twiglet, after you get the positive ov line with Clearblue does it disappear completely the next day, or fade away more gradually? Am encouraged to think I may have ov'd (bd'd last night but are going to a party and staying with friends tonight, so no chance then).

OP posts:
Please
or

Dannie · 16/08/2003 17:18

Persona doesn't always give you an "O" but you still ovulate. It takes a few months to "learn" your cycle, so that might be why. I used Persona as a contraceptive and am now 29 wks pg, so my own ttc tip would be "have sex on the green days" but presumably having sex on the red days is even more effective

Please
or

hewlettsdaughter · 16/08/2003 17:20

Hi Azure, have a look at this section of the Persona website. It says:
"It is quite normal for the Monitor not to display the 'O' Symbol in some monthly cycles..."

Please
or

twiglett · 16/08/2003 17:29

message withdrawn

Please
or

quackers · 18/08/2003 08:53

Hi Azure, don't worry, it's quite normal for persona not to show an ovulation symbol for the first 3 months, it didn't for me. If you still want some reassurance, call the persona helpline and they will confirm this, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. If you got your blue lines - don't worry, you're ovulating, give it another couple of months. LOL Qxxx (resident persona expert!! )!!

Please
or

Azure · 18/08/2003 09:24

Thanks to everyone for your replies - I guess I am just being a little impatient. Oh well, back to peeing on sticks!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?