My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Children's health

Is there a bad virus going round, coughing etc

3 replies

Susieblue18 · 13/11/2023 19:58

My sons have both been unwell but the youngest on who is 14 is now in week 4 of it. Started feeling lethargic, high temp then started coughing and has had diarrhoea. He’s also been sick quite a few times but this seems to be mostly with coughing. Took him to GP last week and he decided to give him antibiotics for a possible chest infection. He’s finished these now but still coughing, had diarrhoea again and now has a sore ear. I’ve done a couple of covid tests that have been negative but guess I could have missed it. Is there anything going round causing these type of symptoms? Thanks

OP posts:
ExplodingSmittens · 13/11/2023 20:00

If they've got a sore ear now as well I'd take them back to the GP.

Ilovealido · 13/11/2023 20:21

My daughter had a similar thing although I didn’t connect the coughing to the diarrhoea but thinking about it they overlapped. It lasted for ages- like weeks & she normally bounces back really fast. My dad was also ill for a while with it. It has now cleared up & we didn’t see the GP in the end.

MyLadyTheKingsMother · 13/11/2023 20:27

Yep it's everywhere. We've all been ill;

Diarrhoea
Cough
Headache
Fever
Fatigue
Aches and pains

We think it's flu

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.