My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Children's health

Nasal polyp?

5 replies

NotHooray · 03/01/2023 19:01

I know people cannot offer a diagnosis but I was wondering, before I trouble the GP, wether this looks like a nasal polyp? I've not come across them before but my 2 year old has been fiddling with his nose a lot and seems to be sort of breathing hard out of his nose as if trying to clear it. When I had a look I could see what appears to be a pink lump. I have attached a picture.

Nasal polyp?
Nasal polyp?
OP posts:
PenanceAdair · 03/01/2023 19:11

Looks to be at the beginning stages possibly. If it isn't something you can get out, then yes I'd go see a doctor to assess before it gets bigger.

PenanceAdair · 03/01/2023 19:25

By that, I don't mean get it out if it's nasal polyp. I meant if you're sure it isn't a stuck booger or something, then yes I'd go to the GP. There's nose drops or sprays for it.

NotHooray · 03/01/2023 19:40

PenanceAdair · 03/01/2023 19:25

By that, I don't mean get it out if it's nasal polyp. I meant if you're sure it isn't a stuck booger or something, then yes I'd go to the GP. There's nose drops or sprays for it.

Thanks for the reply! Definitely not a stuck bogey, at first we thought he might have shoved a piece of his brothers Lego up there or something but it's not budging

OP posts:
NK346f2849X127d8bca260 · 03/01/2023 23:33

They are unusual in young children, according to my GP anyway, so i would get it checked out. My son has had several since toddler age, he is a CF carrier and they think that is what causes his.

Susanita63 · 16/11/2023 20:09

I blew this out my nose today! I can finally breathe. I’m wondering if it’s a nose polyp. It does have tiny veins

Nasal polyp?
Nasal polyp?
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.