Please or to access all these features

Children's health

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

eight week injections

3 replies

Fuchi · 27/12/2011 10:22

Hi, really worried about dd's injections as we go on a train the next day for two hours. Any advice on whether we should delay? Also, any advice on whether we should give calpol in advance / just after irrespective of symptoms? thanks v much.

OP posts:
Apricots · 27/12/2011 10:24

In my experience my dd was barely effected by these injections- I gave calpol before bed just in case but don't think she would have been bad without it and by the next day they were completely forgotten about

Bunbaker · 27/12/2011 10:25

Your DD should be fine. I wouldn't delay the injections as, at the moment, she has very little immunity to most things, and if you are travelling by public transport a lot she will need to build her immune system up.

HauntedLittleLunatic · 27/12/2011 10:31

I wouldn't delay. Most babies are fine and have no symptoms.

I wouldn't give Calpol. Current advice is that it reduces the effectiveness of the jab so only give if her temp rises after.

New posts on this thread. Refresh page