My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join in for children's book recommendations.

Children's books

Online books?

2 replies

Mavey9 · 03/08/2015 09:49

Hi could anyone suggest some good sources of online books for my daughter please? She's going into year 1 in September. We've gone through various box sets we have at home (songbirds, ladybird, usborne) and are going on holiday in a few days and have pretty much run out of our paper books, so thought we could get some on the iPad.

She's loved the biff chip and kipper series on the iPad, the ones with the questions at the end and little characters to find throuout the book but these only go to level 6. I know there's Oxford owl, but for some reason we can't seem to open any of the books on the iPad. Is there anything else I could download to take with us? Thanks everyone.

Carol.

OP posts:
JTOrange · 04/08/2015 06:51

I think you can get a Kindle app for the iPad. You can then download books from the Kindle store. Hopefully lots of choice there. I think you'll need an Amazon account to download, but could use a Kindle gift card if you're worried about putting a credit card on your account and any subsequent in-app purchases.

KidsBookWriter81 · 07/09/2015 13:34

Here's a great illustrated children's book, aimed at 2-6 year olds, and available as a Kindle e-book. It;s called The Blumps:

www.amazon.co.uk/The-Blumps-Michael-Burgess/dp/1511737514?tag=mumsnet&ascsubtag=mnforum-21

Online books?
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.