My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Childminders Club: Do you bill parents?

6 replies

ssd · 02/12/2004 07:20

I've got one parent who's always late in paying me - sometimes by a day or up to a week.

BUT I'm never paid ON TIME.

My dh says I should invoice her monthly. I hate discussing money with any parent and as I only work p/t for everyone I leave it for them to work out. I use contracts so I hope it's straightforward for them.No-one else pays late so should I invoice and when(I mind mid-week for them.)

How does eveyone else do it?

OP posts:
grumpyfrumpy · 02/12/2004 07:58

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KangaSantaMummy · 02/12/2004 09:17

with one family £500 was put into my account and then each time cmbW came I would deduct from deposit and then when it got close to the end they would put another £500 in.

The other family I use a receipt book with carbon paper and each month write in the hours and then the total then cmbT mum puts in bank account. I don't actually give it to her but put it in his notebook that comes with him each day.

As I work part time and NOT the same each week or month This works best for me.

HTH

KangaSantaMummy · 02/12/2004 09:18

with one family £500 was put into my account and then each time cmbW came I would deduct from deposit and then when it got close to the end they would put another £500 in.

The other family I use a receipt book with carbon paper and each month write in the hours and then the total then cmbT mum puts in bank account. I don't actually give it to her but put it in his notebook that comes with him each day.

As I work part time and NOT the same each week or month This works best for me.

HTH

KatieMaChristmas · 02/12/2004 14:30

I always bill and I try to get equal monthly payments.....but we have already decided that I'm mean Hardfaced and Nasty

tigerfairy · 02/12/2004 17:08

I get paid by childcare vouchers, one parent pays directly into bank account each month and the other two I write an invoice each month.I try to discuss with parents at beginning of minding which method would work best for both of us.

crunchie · 02/12/2004 17:31

As a parent my childminder invoices monthly (she would do weekly if I wanted) She writes it out for each week within the month, as it can differ, then gives a total. I get this usually in the last week of the month and itis payable BEFORE the 1st of the month.

In her contract it laid out strict terms and conditions for payment, she will charge £10 for late payment and we have signed this prior to starting.

If I were you I would say something like you are drawing up new contracts for ALL you parents which include payment terms, and a penalty notice. Give her the chance to read it and sign it. Then if she is late charge her an extra £10 (or whatever) and can assure you she will never be late again.

I know it is hassle but it is VERY unprofessional to treat you like that and I think you have to do something

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.