My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

CM CLUB - VARIATION Request - help needed PLEASE :-)

6 replies

looneytune · 13/06/2007 15:35

Hi everyone

My 1:1 baby's mum mentioned doing overnight care when we first met and I said I'd look into it with OFSTED but to let me know if was needed nowish and I'll make priority. Well, mum has emailed me today as they sound like they have been thinking about this more recently due to grandparents no longer being preferred choice etc. Soooooooo, I emailed a lovely man at OFSTED who helped me last time and he's told me to do a normal variation letter plus complete their overnight questionnaire. Now, I want to get this letter emailed to OFSTED ASAP as the parents sound pretty desperate. I always take ages with these things so if anyone has any tips, a letter to send me or anything that can help, I'd be SOOOOOOOOO grateful.

I also need to do a letter requesting extra numbers as I still only have 3 mindees under 8 on my certificate because my old house was small. Again, ANY help with this would be GREAT

OP posts:
nannynick · 13/06/2007 18:47

Be more confident, you are great at writing letters I'm sure

Outline as simply as possible what it is you are requesting. Include as much RELEVANT detail as possible, so for Overnight care detail how you meet the requirements.

I've never seen the Overnight Questionaire (do you have it on e-mail? If so could you send me a copy?) I expect that the questionaire answers most of the queries Ofsted have, so your letter is just to reinforce what you are wanting and how great you are

Good luck

ajj · 13/06/2007 18:55

I have just requested variation for overnight care. my letter was only a few lines, had a call from ofsted who wanted me to do a policy and I had a visit from inpector last week. She has requested I be granted overnight care for 2 children. I can email you a copy of my policy if that helps

looneytune · 14/06/2007 09:46

Nannynick - I'm not very good at blowing my own trumpet I always manage to do these things but take ages worrying about them first! I just wondered if someone could help speed the process up as the overnight one is pretty urgent and I could do with it all being agreed in a letter if possible, rather than needing an inspection etc which could take ages. I do have it on email so will forward the questionnaire in a mo

ajj - oh YES PLEASE - anything which helps speed this along would be fab!! I've got so much going on in my life at the moment, I don't have time to do my normal stuff let alone another policy etc. Of course if these parents weren't wanting it so soon, I could do it when not so busy. Email address is [email protected]

Thanks guys

OP posts:
looneytune · 14/06/2007 10:33

Email sent Nannynick.

If anyone else wants it, just let me know

OP posts:
ajj · 14/06/2007 12:23

Policy sent to you

looneytune · 14/06/2007 16:59

thanks, you are a star, it's fab!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.