My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

****************STAFF ROOM****************

90 replies

crace · 11/06/2007 07:20

Morning! Just opening us up, will come back later to chat. Overslept and way not organised this morning

OP posts:
fifilou · 11/06/2007 13:30

cnat spell or type today.......blurrrrrghdjkmvpdfkp

its my bad toe. and head. and ear. and bruises. youch.

bonkerz · 11/06/2007 13:32

thanks, mum knows its her cat but didnt say a word as she accused me of causing the bites? I have no cats or daogs and mindee been no where near my guinea pigs! Am concerned about them being in my house BUt we have laminate flooring so would we be safe?

fifilou · 11/06/2007 13:35

nope, the little buggers get everywhere.

They like sofas, beds, any fabric, honsetly- they are evil!

We too have laminate floors, wooden floors and a tiny bit of carpet on the stars. We reguarly use the flea powder/spray. its a bit costly but get the good stuff. The bob martin doesnt work.

Eurggggggggggh! i'm all itchy!!!!

fifilou · 11/06/2007 13:36

and i meant the stairs. we dont carpet the stars.

MaureenMLove · 11/06/2007 14:18

OK, Staff meeting!!! find all the cm's on here you can and gather them in the staff room, I need to ask a question!

fifilou · 11/06/2007 14:21

RIGHTO MO, HAVE DONE IT........GUESS YOU JUST WAIT NOW.....................

soak · 11/06/2007 14:24

soak sneaks in through the door for the meeting I'm not a CM yet but can I join in????

MaureenMLove · 11/06/2007 14:25

I've got an announcement to make about one of our colleagues! Not really!
Just wanted to know if anyone had been summons for jury service? I'm going for the 'I'm on holiday' tacked first, but even if they let me off this time, they'll call me again soon. Did anyone get off for being a cm?

MaureenMLove · 11/06/2007 14:25

You are welcome, but in the nicest possible way, you're not much good on this one!!!!

fifilou · 11/06/2007 14:25

I'm not either soak, but i im being maureens PA and so ive done what she asked me too.

Call everyone I can.

its exciting!

fifilou · 11/06/2007 14:26

there are NO announcements................you are so sneaky mo!

MaureenMLove · 11/06/2007 14:29

Love you both, but you two are about as much use as a chocolate teapot aren't you? What do you think though? Do you think its a reasonable arguement? Its not just me taking time off, its 6 families without childcare for at least 2 weeks.

OFSTEDoutstanding · 11/06/2007 14:30

Never been called up yet but thought i would also be 'on holiday' when it happens. Am sat here waiting to start work mindees mum called this morning to say wouldn't be here til 2.30 today and so I feel like i have had a day off but will hit me really hard when mindee arrives at 2.30 then another 2 are collected from school at 3 Prefer to have them all day than only half of it esp this mindee will feel like I have done a whole day by time he goes home.

fifilou · 11/06/2007 14:36
soak · 11/06/2007 14:36

I didn't think I could help but am nosey and didn't know if it was something I could add to my policy!!!!

I could do with some help for my annual leave thread though please kind people!!!!

fifilou · 11/06/2007 14:37

found this on xchilminding matters website!

'Jury Service
In the United Kingdom, almost every person between the ages of 18 and 70 years is eligible for jury service. There are some exceptions, but childminding as an occupation, does not automatically excuse childminders from jury service.

Some childminders may actually prefer to take part in jury service, but everyone has the right to apply for discretionary excusal and childminders may be able to exempt themselves from this service if they can prove that they have a ?good reason? to be excused.

When you are called to jury service, you will receive a summons to attend for jury service. If, as a childminder, you want to be excused jury service, you should explain why in section 3 question C of the summons reply. A jury officer at the Jury Central Summoning Bureau will make a decision as to whether or not you can be excused based on the details given. If a juror is refused excusal they have the right of appeal against this. '

fifilou · 11/06/2007 14:39

ok soak. will do some resarch for you, but only have 20 mins befor mad school dash, gym class times 2 for 2 hours, tea baths and finish for the day tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Am i good?

yup.

soak · 11/06/2007 14:39

the best!!!!

fifilou · 11/06/2007 14:48

soak-

have posted on your thread, i think it might help, but im not sure. hope you find your answer!

mo- good luck with the letter to the jury service man! Stop grassing on my secret!

am off now all to the schools. its run run time! my ear hurts, and my toe, but im all smiles and happy! Yay its neasrly the end of the day! ish.

wohoooooooooooooo!

byeeeeeee!

xx

p.s. dont eat al the biscuits! xx

MaureenMLove · 11/06/2007 14:59

Thanks fifi! You are a star, with no secrets at all! Looks like I'm stuck with it then. Just hope I can defer this one, as it really is the only two weeks off I'm getting this year! Apart from anything else, I'd have to find child care for my dd and that rather goes against the grain! My cm week is such that I only have each child for a maximum of 2 days, so they won't go for the 'too many people disrupted'!

MaureenMLove · 11/06/2007 15:11

Hey - I've just had a thought! D'ya think the doctor would write me a note saying that if I wasn't able to get my fix of mn for a least two weeks during the day, it would send me loopy, that would work?

KaySamuels · 11/06/2007 16:00

I was summoned for jury service last year and I explained I would be letting down six families with 8 children, which may lose me business, not only in that week, but that families may remove children fully and that it would also affect these six families in my local community who relied on me for childcare. I also explained with no family suport nearby I would also have to putmy own child in childcare - which I felt strongly about.

I didn't defer, just politely refused and they accepted it!!

I was gutted tho as would have quite like to do it if I wasn't self employed!

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

MaureenMLove · 11/06/2007 16:06

Did you have to prove all that Kay? Its just that really, its not effecting anyone too much, because of mine are part time and the worst effected would only be 4 days! I will come back to this - gotta go and do Guiding duties now!

dustystar · 11/06/2007 16:23

I had the same thing when I first started minding. I only had one mindee who was fulltime plus my own 2 were under 5. I explained the situation and I was excused.

PinkChick · 11/06/2007 17:07

weellll MAdge&, youa re officailly loved in this household i tried yours first as it sounded easiest, it cost me a bloody fortune cos i had no loaf tin, seive etc..BUT,.its BLOODY LUVERLY!..mindee and her mum have just begged for more to take home...thats it now, im gu7nna be a homebaked goddess!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.