My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Yay, I love my ds's childminder :-D

9 replies

meandthomas · 24/07/2006 21:30

I just wanted to say thanks for great childminders
Mine is fantastic with ds, puts up with my not nice xp, keeps an eye on me( single mum, full time student) and has offered for ds to borrow her sandpit for the summer as she is away for 6 weeks

Im going to miss her when ds starts school...got another year.
You are such a support to us stressed, exhausted and harried mums.
Yay again

OP posts:
Katymac · 24/07/2006 23:03

Aww - how lovely

On behalf of her

Thank you

FeelingOld · 25/07/2006 11:05

Well if my mindees parents are half as nice about me I would be chuffed.

It's nice to know that we are appreciated

dmo · 25/07/2006 13:42

gald you have found a brill c/m
hope she knows how much shes loved

stupid computer

Littlefish · 25/07/2006 13:57

I have a wonderful childminder too Meandthomas. My dd is incredibly happy with her, and that means that I can go to work, confident that my dd is secure, happy and loved.

Do any of you have any ideas of a present I can give to my childminder when dd has been with her a year - I really feel I would like to express my thanks. I sent her flowers after the first month, and a bottle of wine when she had her ofsted inspection.

Our first experience with a childminder was not very positive, so I would really like to make this relationship a long-lasting one.

dmo · 26/07/2006 12:55

littlefish
presents are not expected i'm sure if the childminder is good you could write her a letter/referance which she can keep
just paying her on time is good and being on time
my mindees buy me presents but i honestly feel guity as i'm doing my job and am being paid

for my birthday/christmas i get gives also
gifts include:
pictures of the children
pictures
flowers/chocs/wine
smellies
orniments
garden flowers
slippers
books

Littlefish · 26/07/2006 21:14

Thanks for the ideas dmo. I know that presents are not expected, but the cm is so wonderful, I really would like to show my appreciation.

I like the idea of a garden plant. She has recently had to remove a laburnum bush from her garden (on Ofsted's orders), so I could buy her something to replace it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.