My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Help!...re choosing childminder and hours...

8 replies

Shiraz · 12/02/2006 11:08

Hi Ladies!

I have stayed at home with my dd (now two) since she was born. DP has been made redundant and i have landed myslf a job which i REALLY REALLY REALLY want!

Only thing is if dp takes a job that works early mornign i may need someone to look after dd from 6am....is that far too early? It wouldn't be all day as i'd finish at 2.30 but the job dp has lined up means he would be collecting her about 1pm. It's not going to be everday either as i will be working late shifts and earlies over a three week rota to include weekends.

Also i have no idea what should be looked for in a childminder.

Dp is rather dubious about childcare as his daughter (now 11) had trouble with a few 'nasties' in her toddler years.

Any other advice grealty appreciated.

Becs xxx

OP posts:
Shiraz · 12/02/2006 11:09

Apologies for typing there!

OP posts:
Isyhan · 12/02/2006 11:21

Ive not started cm yet but will be doing. Ive said that I will accommodate shift workers because Im a nurse myself. 6am is really early though. would you be doing that every day?

Shiraz · 12/02/2006 11:28

Nope, it's would be probably two days a week...maybe three!

OP posts:
HellyBelly · 12/02/2006 11:40

Just replied to your MSN!

Shiraz · 12/02/2006 11:45

Thanks Darling x

OP posts:
HellyBelly · 12/02/2006 11:48

No probs, good luck hun!

ThePrisoner · 12/02/2006 14:28

Some childminders will have children early - I know several that, like Isyhan, will accommodate shiftworkers. It is a case of ringing around and asking.

ThePrisoner · 12/02/2006 14:28

Some childminders will have children early - I know several that, like Isyhan, will accommodate shiftworkers. It is a case of ringing around and asking.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.