My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Advice needed now!!!.....

4 replies

juliaemma · 27/10/2005 19:13

Hi,
I have just started out and i have a woman coming tommorow and she has a 10 year old girl...my first question is does she take up one of my places as she is over 8?? Also I had written in my notes that i would charge £3,50 per hour(the going rate around here), but do people tend to charge more for school pick ups? and by how much? suddenly in panic as i should of thought of this earlier!!!

OP posts:
HappyMumof2 · 27/10/2005 19:34

Message withdrawn

HellyBelly · 27/10/2005 20:11

No, not in your numbers! I do 2 school pick ups now and my usual rate is £3.50 and hour and I reduced it to £3 for over 5's! Not next time!!! They eat more and not worth the lower fee imo. I do state a min of 2 hours for after school so pay even if not used that long. I also charge from when I leave my house as it's 15 mins journey to this school.

Good luck with tomorrow and what you decide!

FeelingOld · 27/10/2005 20:14

I do not charge extra for my after schoolers but I do go to the school anyway cos my kids go there too. Like HellyBelly I charge for a minimum of 2 hours but they are both here longer than that anyway.

ThePrisoner · 27/10/2005 21:01

Over 8s do not count in your numbers, but check your public liability insurance as some limit you to mind "only" 10 children at once (a bit unlikely, I know, but you might end up with her entire class!!)

I charge the same rate for schoolchildren, but know several minders who charge more. If you do charge more after school, would you charge your normal rate if she comes for whole days during school holidays?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.