My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

Childminders Club: Ofsted numbers???

3 replies

LRKIDS · 05/10/2005 16:17

Hi again.
At my pre registration inspection the inspector said she would register me for 3 children plus ds so 4 children in total. My certificate has arrived saying i'm registered for 3 children under 8, does this include ds or not????? Basically if ds is included in these numbers i'm full in the afternoons already as ds is at school so takes up an afternoon place. It doesn't really bother me but its a bit annoying if the inspector says one thing and the certificate another iykwim.
Also do I have to record the times that ds is in my care if he is included in the numbers I assume I will have to??
TIA

OP posts:
katymac · 05/10/2005 17:29

Why not ring OFSTED and ask them to clarify it

It's better to be safe than sorry

HellyBelly · 05/10/2005 19:43

Don't worry, it doesn't include your ds - the certificates these days are for all MINDED children as you have to keep them up to date on your own children (+ ages) so they update certificate accordingly!

I was told I'd be reg'd for 4 under 8's incl ds and I panicked when cert arrived saying 3 under 8. I got confirmation that everything is ok and cert just says mindee numbers.

HTH

LRKIDS · 05/10/2005 19:55

Thanks, I've been tryin to get through to Ofsted this afternoon but haven't managed to get through. Still trying to hold down my job in a nursery so can't ring from work as they don't know i'm leaving but they will tomorrow when I hand my notice in
I will phone them just to check, if I can ever get through lol

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.