Mumsnet Logo

to access all these features

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please contact your GP or local mental health support services.

Child mental health

Private practice child psychiatrist

0 replies

gillybgood · 29/03/2019 07:20

Has anyone gone private for a child psychiatrist in Scotland? Camhs have an 18wk waiting list and my son (11yr) is really struggling with anxiety. The 18wk wait would take us into August and I need help for him before he starts high school. My GP suggested going private, but didn't actually recommend anyone. Anybody have experience of this?

OP posts:
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?