Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your chickens, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Hurrah! Hurrah! At last I am qualified to start a thread in this most highly esteemed topic.

Cadelaide · 26/04/2010 13:18

We got a bluebell and a black rock on saturday and they are my birdies and I lovelovelove them.

OP's posts:
Please
or

nappyzoneloveslindor · 26/04/2010 13:19

aww are they your first? any piccys? what you keeping them in?

Please
or

meltedmarsbars · 26/04/2010 13:20

Now you'll never be off here, posting about egg-bound birds, feeding treats, lice, mites, wing-clipping...

Just hope you don't have to do a Mr Fox post!

Please
or

nickelbabe · 26/04/2010 13:25

yeay!

welcome to the club!

we are quite mad in here, you'll see.....

Please
or

Cadelaide · 26/04/2010 13:29

Oh I'm hugely proud of myself. I've cobbled together a coop out of an old duck house (had to raise the roof) and they are fenced into the corner of the garden.They'll have the run of the whole garden for a couple of hours most days.

We have intermittently free range guinea pigs so the grass is already non-existent. I'm thinking of naming it the "back yard" as "back garden" is misleading.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Cadelaide · 26/04/2010 13:32

Yes, wing clipping.

Betty almost escaped over the fence on day one and so my sister (rspca) came and did a wing-clipping demonstration for us. I know very little about them, I've come to realise. I'm from a farming family but we never had hens.

I wonder why?

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.