or
to access all these features

Caring for elderly relatives? Supercarers can help

Carers

Carers Allowance

9 replies

Geegel · 11/02/2022 14:49

Hi everyone.
I applied for carers allowance recently and was wondering if anyone has any idea on how long it’s taking at the moment?
Through looking online it says 12 weeks but I wondered if that’s normal whether it tends to be sooner.
I’ve not applied for it before so I’m not sure Smile
Thank you

OP posts:
Travellor · 11/02/2022 14:56

Applied towards the end of November. Got the first payment mid January and a week before the letter confirming it had been granted.
Hope this helps

Geegel · 12/02/2022 17:39

Thank you very much for replying.
That’s good timing considering the breaks in between for Christmas. Hoping that might mean that mine doesn’t take the full 12 weeks. Fingers crossed!! Smile

OP posts:
Geegel · 14/02/2022 00:38
Smile
OP posts:
EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall · 14/02/2022 00:48

13 weeks and the same for my mum over the summer

Geegel · 14/02/2022 10:33

Thank you for replying.
That’s a long wait! Best put it to the back of my mind I think Smile

OP posts:
Cmcx · 01/03/2022 21:46

Hi I applied in February I rang today and the lady said it’s taking 12 weeks and there only just getting through November claims at the minute so looks like we’re in for a long waitConfused please keeep me updated if you hear anythingSmile

Travellor · 02/03/2022 11:31

Reading the last comment, I'm wondering if the speed that my claim was dealt with (claimed November, paid in January) had anything to do with the fact that I'd been claiming carers NI credits for the previous 3 years.

Amygr · 05/07/2022 09:47

Hi I was just wounding if anyone could help I got a letter saying I can get Carers and when I rang on Thursday they said a decision Has been made does anyone know how long the payment normally takes to come

FlipFlops4Me · 13/07/2022 15:59

I applied on 1st July having finished work on 30th June. I got my first payment on Monday 11th July. I was stunned. I haven't had a letter yet. I phoned up and asked what was going on and they said that because my claim wasn't being backdated and because neither of us was on benefits that would be affected by my receiving CA, the decision maker had been able to make an immediate decision in my favour. My DH receives Attendance Allowance, but I don't get any money at all since finishing work.

Apparently my letter will follow sometime this week or next. My next payment will be at the end of July because I asked for 4 weekly payments to be made.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.