Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Outgrown the Cybex Z baby seat - what next?

RCNSH2022 · 11/04/2022 03:53

We have the Cybex Z base and baby car seat - do I have to get a Sirona Z seat now we have outgrown the seat? Or will other brands of seat fit and work with our Cybex Z base on its turntable system? Looking for good quality/safety of course but maybe something more affordable. Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleSwizzle · 11/04/2022 22:16

@RCNSH2022

We have the Cybex Z base and baby car seat - do I have to get a Sirona Z seat now we have outgrown the seat? Or will other brands of seat fit and work with our Cybex Z base on its turntable system? Looking for good quality/safety of course but maybe something more affordable. Thanks.

What weight/height is little one?
Please
or

RCNSH2022 · 14/04/2022 14:39

Now being almost 15 months - she is tall but I don't know exactly height/weight. For sure she needs to come out of the Cybex Z infant seat.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BlueberryMacaron · 14/04/2022 16:19

I think what pp was asking is what centile is your child on? A Sirona Z car seat will get the average child to around four but that average means half of children will grow out of the car seat before four. Children aren’t recommended to be in booster seats before four so if your child is following a higher centile, then a Sirona likely won’t last your child long enough, and you might need to buy another second stage car seat up to 25kg to bridge the gap. If your child is smaller than average and likely to stay that way the Sirona might well last her. Only the Sirona Z will work on the base though. There’s no cross compatibility between manufacturers for car seat bases.

Please
or

BertieBotts · 14/04/2022 21:54

If she is tall, don't bother with the Sirona Z. It has such a short shell.

Please
or

Lavender2021 · 14/04/2022 22:23

The Sirona Z can have headflop problems, it has a shorter shell than most 18kg seats so can be outgrown before 105cm if the child has a long body as they don't fit under the headrest. We set ours back and brought a longer lasting rear facing seat. Axkid, besafe and britax do 25kg+ rear facing seats which are more cost effective than the Sirona Z as it's expensive for how long it lasts.
The most cost effective way for car seats is infant seat, 25kg+ rear facing seat and then a high back booster seat.
No other seat other than the cloud Z and Sirona Z will fit your base.

Please
or

Lavender2021 · 14/04/2022 22:27

The cloud Z has a 87cm height limit and a 13kg weight limit so it would be a good idea to check both to see how long you have left.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.