Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Can anyone recommend a car seat for a Nissan Terrano

Kate42 · 16/03/2012 20:55

Hi all,
I really need your help! My dd will soon need a forward facing car seat. The problem is we have a Nissan Terrano and our local baby store can't find a child seat to fit properly. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem? I have phoned Nissan who were next to useless.
Many many thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

lagoonhaze · 17/03/2012 08:12

What's the issues that preventing fitting?

Have you considered extended rear facing- five times safer than forward facing

Www.rearfacing.co.uk

Alternatively if you fo go forward facing did they try the britax first class using both routings?

Please
or

Seona1973 · 17/03/2012 08:17

the britax fit finder says the britax prince should fit. The maxi cosi website says there is a selection that should fit e.g. priori xp, tobi, etc. The best bet is to pick a car seat manufacturer and then check their website and see if their seat should fit your car

Please
or

lagoonhaze · 17/03/2012 09:01

..... And then get it checked by the fitter.

The fit finder isn't always right as I have experienced !

Please
or

Kate42 · 17/03/2012 10:59

Thank you for your advice. The webbing on the bit that the seat belt clicks into is too long and the seats are too "squishy"! I have the priory xp... no good. Will check out Britax. Thanks again.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Shannoniddison95 · 06/11/2019 23:46

Hi I know this conversation is from a long time ago but I’m just wondering if you found a solution to this problem? My partner has just bought a Nissan torenno 03 plate as a second car and I’m not happy with the way the car seat we have sits in it, it moves far too much for my liking and I don’t have a clue what the best seat is to get for it 🤦‍♀️

Please
or

BertieBotts · 14/11/2019 20:05

Shannon I can't help you I'm afraid, but you should join a group on facebook called Car Seat Advice UK - they will be able to help you :)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.