Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This board exists primarily for the use of Black Mumsnetters. Others are welcome to post but please be respectful.

Favourite black owned shea butter

BryceQuinlanTheFirst · 17/08/2022 16:33

Me, DH and son all have dry tenancy skin and I like to use shea butter type products, any favourite brands/ retailers?

OP's posts:
Please
or

LadyKenya · 18/08/2022 11:33

I get my raw, unrefined shea butter from Akoma skincare, which is a black owned business. They sell a range of butters and oils. I really like their products that I have tried. I personally use nothing else on my skin now. Back in the day I loved palmers coco butter and nothing else would do.😄

Please
or

BryceQuinlanTheFirst · 18/08/2022 16:31

Oh amazing thanks I'm going to look

OP's posts:
Please
or

BryceQuinlanTheFirst · 02/09/2022 23:02

Thanks for recommending Akoma I'm in love with the lavender shea blend before bed and my skin is glowing! ❤️

OP's posts:
Please
or

LadyKenya · 03/09/2022 09:39

I am glad that you like it. I have not tried the lavender shea buttter though, I may have to give it a try. I tend to buy the unrefined shea butter to last for the year, and any oils that I use, such as sweet almond oil, and palm kernel oil. I mix it to make my own butter, which I use for my skin, and also my hair. A little goes a long way. I could talk about this stuff all day long!👵🏾

Please
or

BryceQuinlanTheFirst · 03/09/2022 10:34

Ohh I love it. I use the lavender one on my chest before bed it's so calming. I wear the raw shea on my face after I use Tretinoin which is drying.

I'm going to try the oils in my son's hair, he is a 3b/c thanks for tip

OP's posts:
Please
or

LadyKenya · 03/09/2022 20:48

😄

Please
or

LiveInSunshine · 06/09/2022 07:56

bandale.com/product/shea-west/
Owned by a lovely black family, really high quality products. Lots of oils etc and they are happy to advise.

Please
or

vivariumvivariumsvivaria · Yesterday 22:41

Mama Biashara in W12 shopping centre next to Westfields imports Shea and other things from Kenya. No online, you have to go in, but it is really good.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?