Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This board exists primarily for the use of Black Mumsnetters. Others are welcome to post but please be respectful.

Chicken Pox Scars Black Skin

ShellbyBell · 13/08/2022 15:15

Hi All,
My 12 year old is currently having a miserable time with chicken pox. Her skin is prone to scarring anyway and this will make it a whole lot worse. 😐Does anyone have any recommendations for fading scars once she’s better please?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Xxhgxx · 13/08/2022 21:12

you should apply cicalfate from Avene on the crusts - a thick layer - this will help with the healing - my daughter who is 4 caught chicken pox 4 weeks ago and i should of applied that cream when the spots had dried out and before they fell - there is also cicaplast from la roche posay which is good.

Please
or

ShellbyBell · 13/08/2022 23:54

Thank you so much x

OP's posts:
Please
or

WildBactrian · 15/08/2022 19:15

Once healed, solid cocoa butter rubbed on the scars will fade them. Apply twice daily and you should see a difference within a fortnight.

Please
or

ShellbyBell · 16/08/2022 08:44

Thank you x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Carrieonmywaywardsun · 16/08/2022 09:10

I agree with cocoa butter. The massaging is important.

Please
or

ShellbyBell · 16/08/2022 11:46

Thank you. Bought the Cicalfate and currently using it. About to stock up on the cocoa butter. I appreciate all the advice. 😋

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?