Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This board exists primarily for the use of Black Mumsnetters. Others are welcome to post but please be respectful.

Skincare routine

Koffee123786 · 02/08/2022 21:24

What is your go to skincare routine day and night? I'm in review of my skincare as I never really paid much attention to it and now I'm in a much better place in my life that I'm motivated to look after my skin, health and well-being better. Also what products do you use?

OP's posts:
Please
or

VladmirsPoutine · 05/08/2022 18:36

I like to try new products but there's a few that I have repeatedly bought as they suit my skin well and are reasonably affordable.

Day:
The ordinary Hyaluronic acid serum
Sunscreen
Primer then make up.

Night:
To remove my make up I use nivea micellar (sp) water. I'm getting into Clinique take the day off too.
Estee Lauder cleanser (perfectly clean)
Mandelic serum
Moisturiser (various).

On the serum front I've heard great things about the Cosrx hyaluronic acid powder but as these things all add up I have to rein myself in with my choices otherwise I'd go broke.

Please
or

Maggiethecat · 05/08/2022 20:32

Had problem skin for a long time which settled with Dermalogica. I use their special cleansing gel and active moist moisturiser morning and night.

Would love to change things up a bit and experiment but that experimentation in itself could be costly.

Please
or

Koffee123786 · 06/08/2022 07:55

Thank you both.

I agree skincare can get very costly. Currently I have brought boots own brand with the cleansers/serums etc... they range anything from £4-£7. But I think as I find my confidence in skincare routine I'll try using other brands.

OP's posts:
Please
or

debbrianna · 06/08/2022 08:33

I have started to buy more skin care. Giving the spensive products to be bought as presents (I hate presents I can't use). Anyway, because I ware makeup I have realised using really good cleanser is amazing. My top two so far are kheil and Cereve. One good moisturiser, sun cream and some form of peeler. That's it. I am lazy to wash my face in the morning and before bed. A lot the time only manage once. However, when I do it twice the results a couple of days is amazing

Please
or

debbrianna · 06/08/2022 08:35

I think look at Kheil and REN. They make a huge difference to the skin, like massive. I always try other things but go back to them.

Please
or

Maze76 · 12/09/2022 00:04

Hi
Mornings I alternate my cleanse routine using either Garnier Micellar cleansing water or the Guinot Hydra Sensitive Milk. I Tone with Boots brand Glycolic Acid. I then use Medik8 Pure c15 serum and finish with either Linton Light Protect SPF50 or Garnier Ambre Solaire 50 SPF.

Night routine I cleanse using Guinot Hydra sensitive, then wash with warm water and cotton, tap dry and apply Simple vitamin night cream. I’m going to introduce Retinols at some point, but I need a consult before I do.

Please
or

phoenixrosehere · 16/09/2022 18:21

Here’s mine:

Cleanse:

SOME BY MI - AHA, BHA, PHA, Calming Truecica Micellar Cleansing Water

Exfoliates, moisturises, and has Ceramide, Hyaluronic Acid, and Niacinamide. Doesn’t dry out my skin.

Tone:

Kiku-Masamune Skin Care Lotion/Toner, High Moist

Moisturising, alcohol-free, with Ceramides, arbutin, and amino acids. Comes in a 500ml/16.9 bottle so takes ages to use and can be used on body after showering.

Oleus 100% Natural Squalane - a few drops

(I do like the : The Ordinary Hemi-Squalane which has a better price point)

Moisturising:

Kiku-Masamune Sake Brewing - Japanese Sake Skin Care Essence

Moisturising, has konjic acid for brightening, ceramides. Gel-Type formula so easily smooths onto the skin.

Sukin Australian Certified Organic Rosehip Oil

Sunscreen:

La Roche-Posay Anthelios UVmune 400 SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Ultimate Protection, Ultra Long UVA, non-perfumed

Love this sunscreen and my HG skincare product. Smooths on beautifully, light and makes my skin look dewy, smooth and almost poreless.

I usually get it from boots for £13-£14 on sale so stock up. It’s pricey but it lasts a long time and isn’t heavy. A little goes a long way and best of all no white caste.

I’m outside quite a bit (love to garden and don’t drive) so wear sunscreen daily, and it’s waterproof and sweat proof.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?