Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This board exists primarily for the use of Black Mumsnetters. Others are welcome to post but please be respectful.

Markets For Cheap Fresh Fruit and Veg And Perhaps Other Tips To Help With COL Crisis.

Confusedhousehunter22 · 30/06/2022 19:12

So I've always preferred market fruit and veg to supermarket fruit and veg. I consume a lot of fruit and veg so I've always had to find a source for cheap fruit and veg. At the moment we're house hunting in an area I'm not familiar with, Buckinghamshire, and I'm dragging my feet cos I don't know of any fruit and veg market that will work for the location. There's Southall which is good for seafood and some fruit and veg but not the variety available at East Street, Queen's, Dalston or Whitechapel.

So where's your go to for cheap fruit and veg? Which other ethnic markets do you frequent?

The markets I found with super cheap fruit and veg are those listed above. Particularly useful if your dishes are mostly tomato, pepper and onion based. 😍Jollof debate?😉

OP's posts:
Please
or

LillyFlower1984 · 03/07/2022 08:14

You will not find anything like those places in the Home Counties. It is very very white especially Buckinghamshire as its small towns and villages basically. I would just stick to London if I was you. I say that as soneone who spent 15 years in Sussex and now live in Hampshire.

Please
or

Lndnmummy · 03/07/2022 10:01

I go to Peckham, Lewisham or Deptford markets. Sorry not helpful as not in home counties.

Please
or

Confusedhousehunter22 · 18/07/2022 19:27

@LillyFlower1984 High Wycombe actually has an area with ethnic shops as does Slough which isn't Bucks but neighbours it. I've not been to these but a couple of friends just informed me so I shall explore them further.
@Lndnmummy Yes, lots of ethnic shops in those areas thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Designhelp · 20/07/2022 01:24

I don’t know much about High Wycombe but Slough is quite multicultural? I am sure places that cater to us exist in some parts but I’ve never seen anything like East Street or Dalston that I used to be very familiar with before I moved to Sussex/Hampshire.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?