My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Birth clubs

Pink / brown discharge at 12 weeks

1 reply

Goldenwonder112 · 07/01/2021 14:53

Hello everyone,

Its my first pregnancy and i've only just joined mumsnet an hour ago, hoping to find if someone is able to give me an insight on their experience if they have been through the same as me.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant (but have not had my initial scan yet so may be 2 weeks more or less)

Yesterday morning and evening i had slight brown discharge.

Today it was pinky / brown but only when i wiped.

Sorry for TMI - but has anyone experienced this in their pregnancies?

My midwife has said not to worry unless its fresh blood but that doesn't really stop the worrying

Look forward to hearing back from someone who has maybe experienced the same

Thank you!

OP posts:
nibblette · 04/03/2021 08:00

@Goldenwonder112

Hello everyone,

Its my first pregnancy and i've only just joined mumsnet an hour ago, hoping to find if someone is able to give me an insight on their experience if they have been through the same as me.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant (but have not had my initial scan yet so may be 2 weeks more or less)

Yesterday morning and evening i had slight brown discharge.

Today it was pinky / brown but only when i wiped.

Sorry for TMI - but has anyone experienced this in their pregnancies?

My midwife has said not to worry unless its fresh blood but that doesn't really stop the worrying

Look forward to hearing back from someone who has maybe experienced the same

Thank you!

I started having brown discharge/spotting at 5 1/2 weeks (am now 7 weeks). My midwife arranged an early scan for peace of mind and all was well. I was told it can be leftover blood from implantation, or the cervix is easily irritated and can bleed after sex or passing a bowel movement when constipated. Apparently it's normal throughout the first trimester. You'll probably feel more reassured when you have your first scan. xx
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.