My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to the Mumsnet Birth Announcements forum, for announcing births and meeting others in our community. Visit our pregnancy resource hub for more information.

Birth announcements

Lizzer's got a big one!!!!

24 replies

Lizzer · 23/12/2007 12:27

Hello there, Dexter Robin arrived swiftly into the world even though he was 12 days late, weighing a [ahem] healthy 10lbs4oz!!!! I think most of that weight is in his cheeks, they are so chubby

Birth story is at 12 days overdue, I (reluctantly, as I wanted to go into labour on my own) went in for an induction with the pessary at 6pm on the 21st..Joking with the midwife that I didn't know anyone who'd only had 1 dose of the prostgladin, most people had 2 and the doc agree that I was not at all dilated and would need more in the morning. So me and dp watched a bit of tv and he got sent home at 11ish...Once he left I started with a few twinges, had a bath got an hours sleep then woke up in a bit more pain at 3.30...Had another bath and waters broke. Told midwife I wanted examining at 6am and she said i was 3cm and gave me a sweep. The next hour is a bit of a blur! Rang dp (who I told not to rush as it would be ages!!) and said I was walking over to the labour ward now. The contractions are now coming thick and fast. Got the 'best' room with the birthing pool and ensuite and when dp got there I decide to get in the pool....Well, I made it to the steps and said very quietly,"I think I need to push" The midwife and dp got me to walk back to the bed and on all fours (a revelatory way to birth after a on-my-back experience with dd) I gave birth to Dexter in half an hour, arriving into the world at 7.16am.. Dp was crying his eyes out (his first baby) and just kept saying how proud he was of me and how I made it look easy And he was able to hold him straight away (the only thing wrong with the all fours position is that you have to turn back round and get a bit cleaned up before holding baby) But it was fine as Dexter was as chilled as anything and wasn't crying to be fed at all...We got feeding established straight away and he's a good sucker (my poor nips!)

We got out 6 hrs later after a lovely time, all the hospital staff were amazing and dd got to meet her brother. She's thrilled and been sooo helpful, and its her 8th birthday today!!

Sorry its a bit rambling, we're so much in love with our chubby cheeked fella, he's the best Christmas present ever

OP posts:
FatBellyHoHoHo · 23/12/2007 12:35

aww congratulations to you all and well done you!!!

glaskham · 23/12/2007 12:35

wow- sounds lovely....he was born the day after my ds's birthday.....reading happy birth stories like yours makes me want another!!haha!!

have a lovely xmas with your little fella!! x

isaidhohoho · 23/12/2007 12:37

congrats x

WendyWeber · 23/12/2007 12:38

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Lizzer, you star!

What a whopper!

Very well done - congratulations to the whole family and welcome to Dexter Robin!

merryTissmas · 23/12/2007 12:40

congratulations

gladbag · 23/12/2007 12:42

Wow! I love your description of baby Dexter. He sounds scrummy. Well done and congratulations

tortoiseSHELL · 23/12/2007 13:00

Oh many many congratulations lizzer, what a fabulous Christmas you will have!!! So happy to read this

motherinferior · 23/12/2007 13:08

lulumama · 23/12/2007 13:15

wow !! get you ! 10 lb 4 ! congratulations on the safe arrival of Dexter.....what a lovely way to get into the festive spirit!

jura · 23/12/2007 13:29

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SpawnChorus · 23/12/2007 13:32

Congratulations! What a fab birth.

I'm feeling extreme cheek-broodiness. There's nothing like a voluminous set of cheeks, is there?

And Dexter is a gorgeous name too!!

Bouncingturtlewithtinsel · 23/12/2007 13:45

Oh he sounds so wonderful yey for you and your lovely birth story!

Lizzer · 23/12/2007 17:04

Pics now on my profile if anyone fancies a nosey

["i'mjustshowingoff" emoticon]

OP posts:
Lizzer · 23/12/2007 17:06

...And thanks for all your lovely msgs

LOL @ spawn for "cheek-broodiness" - I think I might have to actually eat them

OP posts:
cerys · 23/12/2007 17:07

oh, he is so gorgeous

have a great Christmas all of you.

dinny · 23/12/2007 17:07

Congratulations, Lizzer! He is gorgeous! Well done you! x

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt · 23/12/2007 17:10

OMG - he's sooooooo beautiful.

What a fantastic xmas present for you all xx

Bouncingturtlewithtinsel · 23/12/2007 17:11

He's lush!! What fab chubby cheeks he has
Good looks run in your family - your dd is a cutie too!
OOH I'm so - Turtle hurry up and come out!!

yogimum · 23/12/2007 17:35

Congratulations. What beautiful children you have.

tortoiseSHELL · 23/12/2007 18:56

OH he is gorgeous - really lovely. And your dd looks beautiful too!

marina · 31/01/2008 18:54

Ho, hum, better late than never missus
Have just looked at the pics - he is gorgeous lizzer, both of them are
Er, belated congratulations just the same XXX

Califrau · 31/01/2008 19:00

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marina · 31/01/2008 19:06

Well if she will go and pop just before Christmas Frau she can expect this sort of thing to happen. I thought the poor love might still be PG

MissyTheFlouncer · 02/02/2008 13:44

god i must stop reading these

congratulations

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.