Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Just lost it with my boys

Mumofthreedarlingboys · 16/06/2022 22:20

So my youngest boys are 8 and 6 and after a busy day and 2 exhausted boys I finally battled them upstairs and into PJs. Oldest ends up chucking soapy water at youngest and makes him cry. I at this point I was at the end of my tether so wet my hand and flicked water at the eldest to ‘see how he likes it’. This ended up with them both crying and then my eldest (8) starts saying mummy hates us 😟 the situation went on and then I started crying and took myself off. My eldest continued to say mummy hates us and started to call himself dumb and stupid which he does often. Just feel awful that we had such a horrible bedtime tonight and that I behaved like I child myself by flicking water in his face. Also that my boys saw that I was upset. Just needed to get it off my chest really.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ZooKeeper19 · 19/06/2022 21:21

Oh OP we have all been there! I hope the next day was better. Please be kind to yourself, remember the kids have bad days and so do we, but you would not hold your kid's tantrum against them, and they won't be too upset that you lost it. It's life. They know you love them. Hope your older one realizes that all those adjectives usually describe whoever is shouting them, not the person they are addressed to <3

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.