Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Found a small amount of dried blood in newborns nose, any ideas on what this could be?

Andrea77245 · 15/06/2022 12:47

So today my newborn (3 weeks old) woke up from a nap and I've noticed a small amount of dried blood in his left nostril. He has been in the same room as me (this was not there during his earlier feed) and I did not notice any actual bleeding. He has been sneezing quite a lot and we also have a cat I wonder if this could be an allergy? (I have a mild cat allergy)
I will be taking him to the doctors tomorrow but I'm quite worried now as I could not have missed him having a nosebleed and am very confused where the dried blood came from.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ohhollyfred · 15/06/2022 20:52

He will have scratched himself i expect. Newborns get scratches on their faces allllll the time. Nothing to worry about at all

Please
or

Mummyof287 · 20/06/2022 21:01

With @ohhollyfred on this one- he probably just scratched himself.It's lovely you care so much but unless his nose was continually running with blood you don't need to worry.I drove myself mad worrying about everything with my first baby, it does take awhile to realise what you need to actually be concerned about and what you don't :) xx

Please
or

Mummyof287 · 20/06/2022 21:02

That was meant to say 'it's lovely' you care so much....not sure what happened with the typing there :-/

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.