My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

Rheumatoid arthritis?

4 replies

MelKatH · 22/01/2023 16:25

Hi everyone, I’m new to this but I’m looking for some answers.
I’m have swelling and pain in my trigger finger….very bad on the right hand and minor on the left. The pharmacist has been no help and my drs are currently expecting a waiting time of a Month for an appointment 😞
I’ll post a picture and I guess I’m asking if you guys think it could be Rheumatoid Arthritis? Or if you have any other ideas of what’s causing it. TIA

Rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis?
OP posts:
Pennyforthezombies · 22/01/2023 17:08

My guess would either be gout or some form of inflammatory arthritis but without a GP appointment and blood tests its impossible to say - I would be calling the GP and getting an appointment on the day if they can’t offer a routine.

is the joint hot to touch? Do you feel well in yourself generally?

MelKatH · 22/01/2023 18:58

My hands are always cold so it’s hard to tell about the heat but I haven’t noticed the joint being hot at all, just sore and Abit squishy.
im relatively healthy otherwise, generally tired at the moment and I tend to suffer from headaches

OP posts:
NelliePig · 23/01/2023 20:55

Looks like my thumb and I have RA, also get very tired when I have a flare up. Its a simple blood test to disgnose usually so worth asking the GP for it.

Nanny31 · 23/01/2023 21:03

@MelKatH oh gosh! I thought I was the only one suffering!
I have the exact same, just the one finger. It's a worry! been like this for months now. It is SO painful and gp is useless these days.
My advice keep trying the gp! As will I.
Best of luck

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.