My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

Anyone else on Imraldi?

6 replies

YourSpleenIsDamp · 26/11/2022 18:07

Started Imraldi for psoriatic arthritis recently, third dose due on Wednesday. Joint pain has increased massively; I have four new patches of psoriasis on my body (previously only ever had it on my scalp); and my mood has taken a nose dive - feeling hopeless and crying floods of tears most days, which is out of character. Just wondering whether to persevere in the hope that these side effects lessen as I get used to the drug - has anyone else found Imraldi (or similar) worked for them after a rubbish start? I hadn't expected to feel any better yet, but I also really hadn't expected to feel so much worse! 😭

OP posts:
larfincow · 29/11/2022 13:08

Hi @YourSpleenIsDamp I hope you’re feeling a bit better today?
The nurse has just left after helping me inject my first dose of Imraldi, so I’m here looking for other ‘Imraldi Mums’ to share experiences with and get advice. I have AS and mid flare currently. Feeling mega tired, but think I’d got a bit worked up about starting the injections 😄

BeyondTheLetterOfTheLawTheLetter · 29/11/2022 13:21

I have psa and I'm just stopping imraldi, been on it for two years. For me it worked to start, then less over time.

I'd speak to your rheumy if you're flaring as you have started - it could be unrelated or it could be that it's not for you. But either way, it isn't automatic that people have a shitty start to it

YourSpleenIsDamp · 29/11/2022 15:10

Thanks for replying! I spoke to the rheumatology nurse yesterday, and she's said to stop taking Imraldi, as symptoms are getting worse. I have a phone appointment in three weeks when we'll discuss switching meds. Beyond can I ask what you're changing to please? I'm wondering what they might offer, I like to have a good google in advance! Larfin good luck starting it, I hope it all goes well for you xx

OP posts:
BeyondTheLetterOfTheLawTheLetter · 29/11/2022 15:15

I'm moving to cosentyx (secukinumab), as soon as the pharmacy can order it. For now, I'm on a course of steroids as well as the imraldi, to try to address this flare.

Cosentyx is apparently specifically good for psa as it targets the immune pathway that appears to be a problem in psoriasis.

BeyondTheLetterOfTheLawTheLetter · 29/11/2022 15:16

(interleukin 17, if you wanted a read 😁)

YourSpleenIsDamp · 29/11/2022 15:47

Thanks! I've heard good things about Cosentyx - I'm desperate for something to help with enthesitis as well as the joint pain. I hope you don't have to wait too long to get the drugs, and that they work well for you. I'd say "fingers crossed", but even the thought of that makes me grimace 😆

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.