Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Autoimmune disease

Raised Vitamin D Levels

1 reply

Muthafunker · 04/08/2018 21:07

Any ideas?

Had recent blood tests and have been asked to back to see my gp as vit d elevated. Don't take any supplements, haven't for over 12 months. Was previously very low (less than 20) 18 months ago. Took high dose for a few months then all seemed to be back on track...

OP posts:
Please
or

Bettertobehealthy · 18/09/2018 15:27

What was you unusually high blood level. ? In nmol/L , the UK measurement. Was this measurement of 25 hydroxyD3 or 1,25 hydroxyD3 . ( Just so you know ... 1,25 hydroxyD3 increases dramatically in the early stages of pregnancy ... any chance ? )

I wonder IF you are having regular sunbed or psoriasis treatment ? OR lots of sun exposure ? maybe in hot, low latitude climates. ?

IF ..... none of those scenarios are valid .... have you had any problems with regards to kidneys ? Have you had your parathyroid hormone level checked. ?

I see this is quite an old thread .... your doctor is probably on top of it now ?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?