Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Antenatal/postnatal depression

Tips for Preventing/Managing Anxiety After Birth?

3 replies

LoloMagic · 07/11/2021 23:16

Hi all,

I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with my second child. After my first, I found myself struggling with terrible health anxiety for years afterwards - it has continued to improve with this pregnancy, in spite of me having a few complications during the pregnancy. I feel in a good place with it, but I know that after birth with all the hormones and tiredness, I want to be better prepared so I don't have to go through this again. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for preventing or managing anxiety (particularly health anxiety) after birth?

OP posts:
Please
or

SlB09 · 07/11/2021 23:17

F

Please
or

SleafordSods · 08/11/2021 20:43

Really feel for you having health anxiety for so long.

Have you had any counselling so that you could work through what might have triggered it?

Please
or

dishaiyer · 22/11/2022 10:38

The following website might help you -
anxietynomore.co.uk/
It contains an overall guide to manage as well as overcome anxiety as well as understand it.

Here's the things which helped me postpartum:-
Lots of rest
Eating healthily and hydrating properly
Less strenuous and gentle exercises - even like just moving or streching your body.
Massages

If you have health anxiety, i would strongly recommend you to stay away from toxic forums.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?