My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

to be fed up of smelling weed every time I am out the house?

18 replies

elipticalglass · 25/01/2024 20:22

It is usually off men, either actively smoking or now are perhaps just permeated with the dank smell of it from days of smoking and not changing their clothes or washing. I can smell it everywhere these days on the bus or train, in the street, in the queue at the shop. When did weed smoking become so pervasive and so stinking?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

45 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
18%
You are NOT being unreasonable
82%
notnowbernadette · 25/01/2024 20:24

I'm fed up breathing lung fulls of weed when I'm out running. As you say its everywhere you go

elipticalglass · 25/01/2024 20:25

@notnowbernadette Yep, its everywhere!

OP posts:
KellyanneConway · 25/01/2024 20:26

I’m at a city centre train station right now and just been thinking the same

ichifanny · 25/01/2024 20:28

I see people in car parks in vans smoking it constantly seems to be everywhere . Apparently we are just taking drugs and driving now and no one gives a shit .

GreyhpundGirl · 25/01/2024 20:29

It essentially became decriminalised in terms of having small amounts on you for personal use so I suppose people have become emboldened as they know they can get away with it. I hate it.

elipticalglass · 25/01/2024 20:32

@ichifanny & @GreyhpundGirl I feel like if people want to smoke in their own homes as long as they aren't bothering other people then fine, its not for me but its their business but if they are stinking up public areas and driving intoxicated then it just isn't on.

OP posts:
GreyhpundGirl · 25/01/2024 20:36

elipticalglass · 25/01/2024 20:32

@ichifanny & @GreyhpundGirl I feel like if people want to smoke in their own homes as long as they aren't bothering other people then fine, its not for me but its their business but if they are stinking up public areas and driving intoxicated then it just isn't on.

Oh I know, I've taken my 3 year old to the park (as in children's play area) and encountered people there just smoking away. Anti-social morons.

Whatsgoingonwithmyhead · 25/01/2024 20:39

Yes it’s everywhere here and lots of drivers smoking weed too which is worrying.
and I’m in a very “nice” middle class town too.

RedRobyn2021 · 25/01/2024 20:40

Fortunately for me I live in the country and don't, but often when I go to the local towns or city I smell it and it's just horrible. I took my daughter to park yesterday and could smell it

CatamaranViper · 25/01/2024 20:45

I live in a north east town and work in a city and definitely don't relate to this.
Usually only smell it down dark alleyway or at the back of dank car parks.

snorlax99 · 25/01/2024 20:45

It is absolutely disgusting. I am also sick of smelling it in my own house, because my waste of space next door neighbour smokes it. I have to have all my windows and doors shut at all times, and even then I've had to buy an air purifier for my spare room because the stench was coming in through the vent in the wall. My baby had to sleep with the window shut in a 30°C room this summer because if I'd have left the window open a crack it would have been full of the smell of weed. It's disgraceful how widely used it is, and there are seemingly no repercussions for it.

Divebar2021 · 25/01/2024 20:51

I don’t actually smell it everywhere I go but when I do I REALLY smell it. And often the people are not actively smoking it when I smell it. They must absolutely reek when you’re with them. God knows how their families stand it.

Caswallonthefox · 25/01/2024 20:57

I frequently smell it in my kitchen. My neighbour 2 doors down is the one using it.
Personally, when I smell it outside, I mutter to myself about someone being high, and continue to breath fresher air once I've gone through the smell cloud. I dislike vaping smells more.

Talkinpeace · 25/01/2024 20:59

Remember the days of coming back from any pub or restaurant or office
STINKING of cigarettes?

Remember the lumps of tar on the wall by the fans in night clubs

remember buying clothes that stank when new due to smoking customers ?

Better outdoors than in

Zingy123 · 25/01/2024 21:01

I get it all the time I am in the house. My lovely neighbours like to stink my house out as they smoke it constantly. I'm so sick of it.

NeptunaOfTheMermaidBattleSquadron · 25/01/2024 21:03

We used to have a terrible problem with this when we lived in a big tourist and student city in NE England. It was everywhere and it's such an invasive smell. Now we live in a non-student town we're not having the same problem. But the weird thing is, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the students who were the ones doing most of it. 🤔

ichifanny · 25/01/2024 21:22

I agree smoke yourself silly in private but stinking public places out when kids are around and driving under the influence of it are just horrible .

elipticalglass · 25/01/2024 21:36

Talkinpeace · 25/01/2024 20:59

Remember the days of coming back from any pub or restaurant or office
STINKING of cigarettes?

Remember the lumps of tar on the wall by the fans in night clubs

remember buying clothes that stank when new due to smoking customers ?

Better outdoors than in

They can do it in their own homes if they must, providing it isn't affecting their neighbours! They are still being disgustingly anti-social and polluting the atmosphere for the rest of us. Also if you are smoking so much you literally stink of it or feel the need to smoke walking down the street or on the bus you have a problem with drugs. I'm no fan of cigarettes of vapes either.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.