Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

School and LEA

30 replies

Nightdresslayer · 24/01/2024 12:55

My dd currently not in school due to bullying, which has given her extreeme anxiety. It's been 10 days and she's adamant on never returning. I'm currently applying for new school. I've contacted LEA as far as I'm aware they have legal duty to offer alternative or interim education after my dd has been off for 15 consecutive days? They are saying current school is responsible? So I'm stuck. Not sure what to do for best

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

14 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
57%
You are NOT being unreasonable
43%
Nightdresslayer · 27/01/2024 20:31

How do I get a EHCP? My dd has a family support worker, she was abused by her dad, we are currently awaiting CPS on decision to prosecute him. It's now coming up to 3 weeks since she was in school. I've used the SOSSEN template pre action letter, been to Dr's for another CAMHS referal and am in the appeal process for another school, appealing because it is over subscribed. I feel absolutely terrible leaving her 4 days a week all day while I'm at work. School are just telling her to go on class charts but this is not enough. I've got her some work books but she's already behind and has SEN. It's all extremely frustrating.

OP posts:
hiredandsqueak · 27/01/2024 22:44

I'm so sorry OP you must be worried sick. Unfortunately it is unlikely anything will happen quickly. EHCPs are supposed totake 20 weeks from request for assessment if there are no appeals needed. LAs routinely ignore timescales and wait for appeals is getting on for a year now. Waiting lists for CAMHS are also lengthy and referrals are often rejected as well. YoungMinds | Mental Health Charity For Children And Young People | YoungMinds might be helpful as might Barnardos Mental health and emotional wellbeing | Barnardo's (barnardos.org.uk)

YoungMinds | Mental Health Charity For Children And Young People

YoungMinds are a mental health charity for children, young people and their parents, making sure all young people can get the mental health support they need.

https://www.youngminds.org.uk/

Nightdresslayer · 30/01/2024 18:54

The school are now saying I'm refusing to send her, which I am not. She's unable to attend due to her anxiety. They are marking her as having unauthorised absence but when I asked for the Dr to give us a sick note he said we didn't need one? Please help.

OP posts:
hiredandsqueak · 30/01/2024 20:15

OP go onto Facebook,there is a group on there Not Fine in School Not Fine in School: Family Support for School Attendance Difficulties | Facebook you will get the best advice and support and there are resources you can use to send to school too. For advice regarding bullying Help With Bullying (kidscape.org.uk) is the place to go.

See posts, photos and more on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/937052699779198

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.