Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Handhold please

10 replies

Fahhgedaboutit · 21/01/2024 06:31

I’ve been in hospital for 2 days now with an obstructed bowel. They said it wasn’t that bad when I came in but now nothing they’re doing seems to be working 😥I’m scared, I miss my kids, my tummy really hurts and I just want to go home. I can’t sleep here, I feel anxious and I am so, so tired.

OP posts:
McManus1 · 21/01/2024 06:41

Hey hang in there! Sorry for your troubles.

Fahhgedaboutit · 21/01/2024 06:54

Thank you @McManus1 .

OP posts:
0rganisedchaos · 21/01/2024 06:59

So sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. I know just how frustrating it can be when there doesn't seem to be any improvement or end in sight particularly when you have kids you want home too. A lot of wards have patient WiFi these days do you have a tablet and headphones you could watch netflix/prime on to kill some of your time. When you feel scared and anxious it's also easily to get overwhelmed on doctors rounds and no sooner have they given you information you've forgotten it all, I found it useful during my last hospital stay to note down any questions I had while I was awake at moments like this and then jot their answers down during rounds so I could look back on them and properly digest any information in my own time. I really hope you are on the mend soon.

IAmAnIdiot123 · 21/01/2024 07:02

Its really scary but unfortunately you can't change the situation so try to change your mindset.
I was in hospital for a few days last year and tried to think about it as a mini holiday 🤣. I had face packs, books I'd been meaning to read for ages, a TV show to binge on my sons tablet. It still sucked but it was more bareable once I accepted it and found some ways to distract myself.

Top tip, get someone to bring you your home pillow.

I hope you get better soon!

Fahhgedaboutit · 21/01/2024 07:05

The problem is the pain, I can’t relax because of it. I feel scared and anxious and helpless and I don’t feel like it’s getting any better. If the pain would go I’d be able to sleep but I’ve slept for an hour total over the last 2 nights because my stomach keeps cramping and it takes my breath away.

OP posts:
BlindurErBóklausMaður · 21/01/2024 07:06

Oh bless you. Hope they sort you out soon.

Fahhgedaboutit · 21/01/2024 08:05

Thank you @BlindurErBóklausMaður

OP posts:
Safxxx · 21/01/2024 08:18

Try to stay positive your not well, and in the right place, hopefully they find out the cause and remedy soon.... wishing you a speedy recovery 🙏Get well soon ❤️

Oxborn · 21/01/2024 08:22

Sorry your poorly could you get some stronger pain relief maybe ask the Dr when they come round

ForeveraBluebird · 21/01/2024 08:24

Hope you have a better day today and get well soon .

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.