My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Would you nose around a partner's ex wife's house if you had the chance?

89 replies

IamaPopof · 13/01/2024 12:50

This is prompted by the "Destroy and do not read" thread.

I had to look after my partner's ex wife's house for a few days when he had to work away and I had to feed the dog. It was my first time there without him. Would you use this time to nose around a bit - look at the various rooms , open her wardrobes etc and just be plain nosy or would you feed the dog and leave?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

146 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
85%
You are NOT being unreasonable
15%
GreyhpundGirl · 13/01/2024 14:17

Absolutely not. Apart from the fact it is wrong, what would you expect to gain from it?

FuckBalledTwattyPiss · 13/01/2024 14:21

A quick look into the ground floor rooms is permissible, but opening drawers or cupboards would be out of order.

ImNotReallySpartacus · 13/01/2024 14:24

Why would you want to?

MBappse · 13/01/2024 14:28

I am nosey.
I would read the do not read.
But I wouldn't sneak around my partner's dead ex wife's home.

Not sure what the difference is.... maybe because I already had the right to be disposing of a loved ones papers and they were closer to me than the ex wife. Maybe also because one requires more definite sneaky action than the other.

IDontLoveTheWayYouLie · 13/01/2024 14:31

I wouldn't go sneaking around anyone's house.

I'd probably ask if I could take the dog back to mine for the time needed though if I knew it would be on its own.

Bigcat25 · 13/01/2024 14:31

What's the point of snooping? No I would not -very inappropriate behavior.

Snugglemonkey · 13/01/2024 14:46

I would not even consider snooping. I would be in and out ASAP.

Lucytheloose · 13/01/2024 15:10

I wouldn't, because if the householder found out about it, it would be very embarrassing, and even if she didn't, it's the sort of thing insecure, jealous, obsessive stalker-type people do and I wouldn't want to be in that category.

Stupidliefromfriend · 13/01/2024 15:13

I would want to but I wouldn't because it's so so wrong... And if there were cameras I would die of mortification.

IamaPopof · 13/01/2024 15:17

MBappse · 13/01/2024 14:28

I am nosey.
I would read the do not read.
But I wouldn't sneak around my partner's dead ex wife's home.

Not sure what the difference is.... maybe because I already had the right to be disposing of a loved ones papers and they were closer to me than the ex wife. Maybe also because one requires more definite sneaky action than the other.

The ex wife isn't dead in this scenario but that does intorduv=ce another interesting scenario.

OP posts:
ComorosPearl · 13/01/2024 15:21

Feed dog, possibly take it for a walk then leave. I can hardly be arsed checking what's in my house, cupboards, drawers etc. Someone else's are of less than no interest.

Youcannotbeseriousreally · 13/01/2024 15:26

I wouldn’t even be feeding the dog. I have no idea why people are so into the lives of their partners ex etc. madness.

MBappse · 13/01/2024 17:25

IamaPopof · 13/01/2024 15:17

The ex wife isn't dead in this scenario but that does intorduv=ce another interesting scenario.

Edited

I thought you had introduced that scenario, by asking... does it make a difference if they are dead! Interestingly, I think a dead ex wife makes it less likely that I would snoop around as it seems more intrusive somehow!!! Weird how the moral (not so moral) brain works. I would still read my dead love ones do not read papers (!!!).

YorkBound · 14/01/2024 18:48

Absolutely not. Its such an invasion of someone's privacy and a betrayal of trust. Shameful. The very idea is why I keep most people at arms length.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.