Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for free toys

29 replies

Untamedfemale · 17/10/2022 18:47

I was going to put a post up on Facebook for toys as my little ones birthdays on the 4th November and I no a lot of people are clearing out I have seen posts for clothes and put some up myself but toys are not a necessity so would I bu or should I just go for it

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

71 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
59%
You are NOT being unreasonable
41%
Ineedsleepandcoffee · 18/10/2022 10:08

Loads of people will be having clear is before Christmas and just want space and not the hassle of selling and a lot of charity shops are quite picky about their donations, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

mamabear715 · 18/10/2022 10:46

@lanthanum I'd forgotten about the secondhand toy stall at the Christmas Fayre in the village hall where we used to live.. I let the kids buy whatever they wanted, they were SO thrilled, it was awesome!
DH's face, on the other hand, when we got home.. he was thinking of all the new Christmas toys to come & couldn't believe I'd be so irresponsible.. :-)
Fun memories, thanks! ;-)

Untamedfemale · 18/10/2022 12:36

mamabear715 · 18/10/2022 10:46

@lanthanum I'd forgotten about the secondhand toy stall at the Christmas Fayre in the village hall where we used to live.. I let the kids buy whatever they wanted, they were SO thrilled, it was awesome!
DH's face, on the other hand, when we got home.. he was thinking of all the new Christmas toys to come & couldn't believe I'd be so irresponsible.. :-)
Fun memories, thanks! ;-)

do you know anywhere in Birmingham that would do that by any chance

OP posts:
mamabear715 · 18/10/2022 13:04

@Untamedfemale I'm not in Birmingham but I would check local church groups & facebook groups online, they would probably have details. Good luck!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.