Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Very boring thread - I need a hoover

30 replies

Merryoldgoat · 06/10/2022 11:34

Sorry but I need recommendations for a good hoover and no one is as houseproud as the MN contingent.

I have a Shark anti hair wrap cordless and it’s rubbish.

I need the following:

Good for carpet and hard floors
Good for pet hair (nothing extreme as it’s just a moggy cat I have)
Cordless as the house has big and awkward shaped rooms.
Decent charge time
Doesn’t need lots of unclogging

Recommendations very welcome please

OP posts:
ghostyslovesheets · 06/10/2022 13:44

Had a GTEC for years - eventually held together by duct tape - tried 2 sharks and a gifted Dyson - agree the air wrap was awful - didn't pick up and got blocked constantly

Recently bit the bullet and got a new Gtec and the hand held one (was still going back to the broken one begging it to hang on in there!) - very happy - will stick with Gtec in the future.

The old one only broke when a child knocked it down the stairs!

BrioNotBiro · 06/10/2022 13:49

I have an upright Miele cat and dog one 11 years old (but not heavy use). Really good but heavy. Motor etc going strong but where cable enters body is fraying and extension tube split. Still works fine though.

I don't know if that's to be expected after 11 years; it's annoying that's it's the little things that are failing. Anyway, I don't think the uprights are made anymore so I'm interested too what to replace with.

Coastalcreeksider · 06/10/2022 14:03

Not a fan of bagless and cordless vacuums, hardly hold anything, need emptying frequently and faffing about with filter cleaning.

Have 7 year old Sebo hospital grade bagged and corded vacuum.

Very strong suction and the bag holds loads, hardly ever need to change it and have a very hairy cat so his hair plus mine is everywhere.

dottypencilcase · 06/10/2022 14:12

Miele cat and dog any day of the week.

dottypencilcase · 06/10/2022 14:13

I've got one for down and upstairs 🙈

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.