Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Shameless request - New York!

22 replies

BecauseICan22 · 28/09/2022 13:55

Posting for traffic, asking for forgiveness in advance.

DH and I are going to New York for a late honeymoon (we got married earlier this year) in October, the week before half term.

We'll be there for 4 nights flying back on the 5th day.

I'm beyond excited but have no idea about season there right now or how to structure the sight seeing. Aargh, just realised will need to look at Covid stuff too. DH is vaccinated, I'm not.

OP posts:
Please
or

Aprilx · 28/09/2022 13:58

Well covid vaccination status is your priority as you currently cannot enter the country without being vaccinated. I believe there are some waivers but these would be very hard to get.

Please
or

Einszwei · 28/09/2022 14:00

You have to have been fully vaccinated 14 days BEFORE travel to the US unless you are medically exempt (the rules for being medically exempt in the US are very strict).

This is your priority as you will be denied boarding.

Please
or

SwanLake66 · 28/09/2022 14:01

Yes you need to be vaccinated. And you don't have time now I hope you can rearrange things.
When you do take plenty of money! It is ridiculously expensive.

Please
or

FlyingandFrankie · 28/09/2022 14:01

You won’t have time to have two vaccines before you go so you will need a medical exemption.

Please
or

Lastqueenofscotland2 · 28/09/2022 14:01

Yes your vaccination status is going to be a pretty serious issue here. If they didn’t waive it for Djokovic they are unlikely to waive it for you…

Please
or

RebeccaCloud9 · 28/09/2022 14:02

You need to be FULLY vaccinated 14 days before your flight. For this, you need 2 doses, 4 weeks apart.

Most likely outcome: you're not going to New York.

Please
or

Boxowine · 28/09/2022 14:02

What is your AIBU? I would vote YABU for considering international travel without having researched vaccination requirements but you haven't enabled voting.

Please
or

chipsandpeas · 28/09/2022 14:03

unless you are a US citizen or things change in the next few weeks your not going to new york or the USA, vaccine status gets checked before you can check in for your flight and if your not vaccinated then its a no go

Please
or

TrashyPanda · 28/09/2022 14:04

if you aren’t vaccinated, you won’t get into the USA.

Please
or

Mrsjayy · 28/09/2022 14:05

You need your vaccinations 2 weeks before travelling you might be able to get a medical excemption but that is limited your husband will need to get his second.

Please
or

missbipolar · 28/09/2022 14:05

Why did you book a trip without looking at the country entry requirements? You need to be fully vaccinated, which you don't have time to do anymore..

Please
or

HowVeryBizarre · 28/09/2022 14:06

You are not going to New York in October if you are not vaccinated.

Please
or

Mrsjayy · 28/09/2022 14:06

Sorry your husband is fully vaccinated.

Please
or

FlounderingFruitcake · 28/09/2022 14:08

Is there a reason why you’re not vaccinated? If you have a medical contradiction and can get that certified by a doctor, there is an exemption. The rest of the exemptions I doubt would apply to your honeymoon since it’s all stuff like diplomatic travel or military spouse. I really hope you haven’t booked anything non refundable!!

Please
or

PinkSnowAndStars · 28/09/2022 14:08

How will you get fully vaccinated before you go? Aren’t they really strict on it?

Please
or

ExHProblem · 28/09/2022 14:13

Please tell us that you haven’t booked this yet so that you have time to get vaccinated, or change destination

Please
or

BecauseICan22 · 28/09/2022 14:15

Thank you for the info guys. We haven't booked the trip yet so nothing lost there.

Vaccinations weren't at the forefront of my mind so I'm not particularly distressed, we've had a busy year.

We'll look at somewhere else and I'll also look at getting vaccinated, or not. The world is a big place =)

OP posts:
Please
or

namechange30455 · 28/09/2022 14:16

Why on earth didn't you check the COVID requirements before you booked it? I hope you can reschedule, or ultimately what you've done is wasted a load of money

Please
or

namechange30455 · 28/09/2022 14:17

Sorry x post - glad you haven't booked yet!

Please
or

Einszwei · 28/09/2022 14:18

Thank goodness you haven't booked yet. Make sure to check vaccine requirements for all the countries you are considering!

Please
or

TinaYouFatLard · 28/09/2022 14:20

Even Canada has dropped vaccine requirement so pressure is building on USA to do the same. Hope they do soon.

Please
or

BecauseICan22 · 28/09/2022 14:20

We are checking requirements. Iceland is our next destination. We're not too fussed with the location, we'll happily go anywhere.

I'll sort the rest.

Thank you for the responses, guess NY will be for Christmas 😊

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?