Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Aibu in thinking this

39 replies

Tootsey11 · 19/09/2022 19:32

I am a cleaner. I run my own business for many years, am fully booked and have a waiting list. I've never had a complaint about my work or service. A client I started with about 6 weeks ago has advertised for a new cleaner on a local fb group that I am in. This client has never complained or said there is any issues with my work.

Currently I clean ensuite, main bathroom, 2 bedrooms, landing, stairs, front hall, utility room, wc, sunroom, open kitchen diner and snug. Also windows and ironing. Hoovering whole house and wash out. I have 3 hours in total. The house is only up 10 weeks so everything is like new.

Even though lots of things on each clean are still not dirty when on the next clean, I still have to clean them again. Likewise hoovering. Rooms that are spotless, I'm told are filthy and to get it done.

I'm not sure what the issue is here, but clearly there is one. Would aibu to bin her and put someone in her place. I have this gut feeling she will give me no warning and cancel leaving me out of pocket. I was recommended by a current client to her.

In her ad she has asked for the cleaning to be done in 2 hours and one hour ironing.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

78 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
5%
You are NOT being unreasonable
95%
Hungrycaterpillarsmummy · 21/09/2022 20:34

Tbh even if you think they are clean, clean whatever she wants you to as that's what you're being paid for!

Tootsey11 · 21/09/2022 20:51

I'm the fussiest person ever when it comes to cleaning, but I do not see any point in cleaning something that is already clean.

OP posts:
Hungrycaterpillarsmummy · 21/09/2022 20:55

Yeh but maybe it has been touched by something or lightly used.
I can be a bit like that. 🤷

Prettybutdumb · 21/09/2022 21:03

Tootsey11 · 19/09/2022 20:14

Thinking I should text tonight and ask is cleaning going ahead tomorrow as planned, but maybe that would make me look a pillock!

I would say that the post is for her, but her plan is to try on a few other cleaners to see if they can do a better job than you whilst keeping you on board. As soon as she finds another ‘kettle descaler’ unicorn she’s binning you.

Tootsey11 · 26/09/2022 15:23

So an update, last weeks cleaning went ahead as normal. But as I expected, a text today to say one of them is sick and they don't want me around tomorrow. So, I presume they are trying out someone new tomorrow then.

I can't stand liars.

OP posts:
Notimeforaname · 26/09/2022 15:28

Get there before them op. Text them saying you need to end the contract for personal/private reasons. 😀

goshdoyoumeantobsorude · 26/09/2022 15:35

Sounds like she has a bit of an issue. I would give her notice you don't need to be messed around. When we were sick I still paid my cleaner. I treat her with respect and hopefully she treats my home the same.

YellowTreeHouse · 26/09/2022 15:44

You can’t stand liars, yet you’re playing dumb yourself.

You should have just been honest and told her you saw the ad when you did.

GrunkleStan · 26/09/2022 17:00

I would say that one of them being ill doesn't stop you from doing your job.

AryaStarkWolf · 26/09/2022 17:12

Sounds like she has some sort issue with germs/cleanliness if she's telling you things are dirty when they're not. Probably a good thing she's trying to find someone else. yeah dump her

Tootsey11 · 26/09/2022 19:03

@YellowTreeHouse yes I can't stand liars. If a client has an issue why can't they say something about it directly rather than being sneaky behind my back.

OP posts:
YellowTreeHouse · 26/09/2022 19:07

Tootsey11 · 26/09/2022 19:03

@YellowTreeHouse yes I can't stand liars. If a client has an issue why can't they say something about it directly rather than being sneaky behind my back.

And why can’t you say something directly instead of playing dumb and pretending you don’t know when you do?

Tootsey11 · 26/09/2022 22:13

Because I'm not a bloody mind reader. If someone won't tell me what I missed or not done thoroughly enough then that's their problem. I cleaned the house the same way I clean everyone else's, and no one else has any issues.

OP posts:
YellowTreeHouse · 26/09/2022 22:15

There’s no mind reading necessary.

Instead of making up a question of whether the cleaning was still going on, why didn’t you say, “hey, I’ve just seen your ad, is the cleaning not working out?”

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.