Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To ask if these are bed bug bites?!

LG93 · 19/09/2022 09:35

We came home from a villa holiday last Monday. I'm a bite magnet anyway and had several bites while away despite using bug spray and didn't really think anything of it, but we're home now and I'm still getting several new bites coming up and now I'm wondering if it was bed bugs, as Google said apparently it can take up to 14 days for the bites to appear (although I'm also worried that if it was bed bugs I've brought them home 😬) I'm seeming to react quite strongly to whatever it is, despite being on prescription antihistamines, and since being home have had them come up on my hands, side of my face, both arms, a couple on my back and loads on my legs. Alot of them are now under my pyjamas (not ones I took away) but wouldn't have been on holiday as I just slept in shorts and a nursing bra. Husband has had a couple, but the bed we shared was made up of 2 single mattresses so possible I guess that they were predominantly in mine. Initially I though the pattern was quite random but now there's so many more of them I can see they are probably in lines just that 'spiral' up along my limbs. I've already washed all our clothes and put them away so hoping nothing is living in them 😬😬 (excuse the hairy leg!)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

blubberball · 19/09/2022 09:38

Where were you on holiday? You should probably go to the doctors and get them looked at.

Please
or

OutDamnedSpot · 19/09/2022 09:43

Where were you on holiday? That first one looks a bit like the bullseye rash we’re warned to look out for with Lyme. I’d be tempted to get it checked - or send a photo to your GP if that’s possible?

Please
or

LG93 · 19/09/2022 09:52

OutDamnedSpot · 19/09/2022 09:43

Where were you on holiday? That first one looks a bit like the bullseye rash we’re warned to look out for with Lyme. I’d be tempted to get it checked - or send a photo to your GP if that’s possible?

Only Menorca so nowhere particularly exotic! A few have looked quite 'bullseye' but wasn't sure if that was just where I've reacted rather than the bite itself, and I've not seen any ticks, although admittedly husband is a gamekeeper and we have horses so probably isn't something I should ignore. We can only send pictures when the GP is open so maybe I'll do that tomorrow!

OP's posts:
Please
or

lemmein · 19/09/2022 09:56

Bed-bugs usually bite in a straight line of 3...weird little things!

Please
or

lemmein · 19/09/2022 09:59

Like that.

I don't think yours looks like bed-bugs tbh.

Please
or

Whisperedew · 19/09/2022 09:59

I’ve had bed bug bites and they didn’t look like that

Please
or

Sahara123 · 19/09/2022 10:20

I’ve had bed bug bites too and they didn’t look like yours, I had a lot of red bites like the picture attached above .

Please
or

LG93 · 19/09/2022 10:27

DH has managed to get some photos of the harder to reach ones. If the consensus is not bed bugs, has anyone got any idea what it might be instead?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rolypolyup · 19/09/2022 10:29

Mosquito bites?

Please
or

Hesma · 19/09/2022 13:08

Not sure what they are but don’t look like bed bugs to me

Please
or

LadyEloise1 · 23/09/2022 19:01

Did you find out @LG93

Please
or

SpeckofDustUponMySoul · 23/09/2022 19:08

Scabies or ringworm?

Please
or

GlitteryFarts · 23/09/2022 19:12

Don't worry they look like classic mosquito bites to me. Might need some antibiotics though

Please
or

Minikievs · 23/09/2022 19:13

My daughter got eaten alive by bed bugs on holiday a couple of years ago

Yours don't look like bed bug bites

Please
or

TheHoover · 23/09/2022 19:17

The pattern looks very much like bites. SIL had a major second reaction to mossy bites all over her legs 4 days after coming home from Florida; it’s not uncommon.

Does it matter what particular critters have bitten you? Are you looking to to complain if it was bed bugs?

Please
or

Brenna24 · 23/09/2022 19:17

They don't look like the bed bug bites that I had when we brought them back from holiday. Mine were red and hard like that picture. Most tellingly mine came up anywhere I had exposed flesh overnight and not where I was covered by pyjamas. So arms, ankles, face and a ring around my midriff where my PJs rode up during the night. They were often in lines of 3 or 4 too

Please
or

LG93 · 23/09/2022 21:02

LadyEloise1 · 23/09/2022 19:01

Did you find out @LG93

No! But I've not had any new ones for a few days so whatever it is either died or enough time passed that if they were delayed bites they're all finished!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LadyEloise1 · Yesterday 09:10

I'm glad you've not got any new bites.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?