Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Prince George and the Queen's funeral

309 replies

KTKismet · 18/09/2022 05:17

Can't sleep and read this:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11222927/Prince-William-Princess-Kate-considering-taking-9-year-old-George-Queens-funeral.html

AIBU to think "palace aides" should wind their necks in and leave Prince George alone, rather than insisting he attends the queen's funeral.

He has a lifetime of service ahead of him, surely they should preserve his childhood as long as possible. I think it's hugely inappropriate, AIBU?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

1139 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
78%
You are NOT being unreasonable
22%
pilates · 22/09/2022 05:29

“Too much playing in rose bushes and with clothes pegs... But yes, your sibling is the issue. Deflect deflect deflect!!’

What on earth does that mean?

RoseAndRose · 22/09/2022 08:34

pilates · 22/09/2022 05:29

“Too much playing in rose bushes and with clothes pegs... But yes, your sibling is the issue. Deflect deflect deflect!!’

What on earth does that mean?

I think it means that all threads should be about Harry. Because it is only ever he who should be discussed, and anything about any other aspect is an attempt to deflect attention from where it belongs

(The first part is related to unsubstantiated rumours about William's personal conduct)

Textboxmm · 22/09/2022 08:38

Children need to understand that death is part of everyday life. Grandparents are a step removed from them anyway mostly, and I doubt he saw that much of her.
I also have a solution for his ‘life of service’ issue…

clarehhh · 22/09/2022 09:07

He is 9 and I am sure was given the option. They proved they could cope with it, better than a day at home worrying with the nanny. His school friends may have said will you be there? They looked well supported by both parents and so much better than not taking them.Quite different to an untimely death like Dianas too.

CanaryShoulderedThorn · 22/09/2022 09:32

THEDEACON · 19/09/2022 23:31

I'm delighted that both George and Charlotte attended the funeral It's entirely appropriate for children over 5 to be at family funerals and that is my professional opinion

OK THEDEACON,
We get that you are very important with your shouty user name. Your professional opinion is final then.🙄

LosingTheWill2022 · 22/09/2022 09:50

I remain disappointed that they were at the Abbey part. It felt like they were on show. I don't doubt they were fine doing it but I don't think it was necessary. It would have avoided lots of photos and "lip readers" trying to put words in the mouth of a 7 year old at a funeral.
They could easily just have been at St George's Chapel like their similarly-aged cousins.

Ofnadwy · 22/09/2022 10:09

me109f · 19/09/2022 22:07

The Great-grandchildren seemed to enjoy it. They were of great interest to most people watching all the pomp and everything, and seemed well behaved and happy. I though it was lovely to include them and they did not get to miss anything. They may well have had a choice as little Louis was not there.

I think the choice of music and band funeral marches was dull and very poor. Thank goodness for the bagpipes. Our funeral music can be wonderful and is a great feature of Christian and ceremonial music normally.

need I remind you this was a funeral? Not a cocktail party
honestly so disrespectful

Hearthnhome · 22/09/2022 10:24

Ofnadwy · 22/09/2022 10:09

need I remind you this was a funeral? Not a cocktail party
honestly so disrespectful

Need I remind you that different people have different ideas of what a funeral should be?

Not all people think funerals should be drab and dreary. My Uncles was a celebrations. Both his Son and daughter spoke and they weee hilarious. Which is exactly what my Uncle would have wanted. He would have wanted people together and laughing.

My own Mothers funeral was not a somber affair either. Theres been plenty of time for years before and after.

People are allowed to have a different ideas on what a funeral should be.

Honestly, so disrespectful of other peoples funeral traditions

Blossomtoes · 22/09/2022 13:18

It was a state funeral @Hearthnhome. Attended by just about every world leader on the planet. What your uncle or your mum’s were like are completely irrelevant.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.