Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

The PMT red mist worse at Christmas

5 replies

TheFuckingDogs · 27/12/2019 17:12

Ugh, I suffer from awful hugely debilitating pmt/low mood. Rest of the month I’m a normal functioning woman - people would probably even say super fun, outgoing, happy and then I have 3 days of the month where my mood just plummets. I find ways of dealing with it most of the year but when it occurs right over Christmas period it’s awful. I yelled at FIL yesterday, just had a temper tantrum at having to go to MIL’s this evening, normally none of this would be a problem.
Anyone else got the PMT red mist at Christmas?
AIBU to say Christmas pmt is the worst?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

9 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
11%
You are NOT being unreasonable
89%
malificent7 · 27/12/2019 17:43

Me! I was fuming with dp for no reason at all on Christmas day!

HappyMonth1 · 02/01/2020 16:09

Hey, You are spot on, PMS will always be strong in times of stress.

The best thing to do is to prepare for it, sometimes you cant, as life is full of surprises, but for those known busy times such as Christmas, there are a lot of tools you can use to help you.

I write a blog with lots of tips that may help: //www.happymonth.co.uk - I hope you are feeling better now :)

Cactusmum · 04/01/2020 11:14

yep.. except ive had more than 3 days, try 10 days of pmt. Worse than usual but not entirely out of the ordinary for me. :-( its pure hell. The stress at this time of year kind of magnifies things i guess.

HappyMonth1 · 05/01/2020 18:44

Yeah indeed, typically symptoms start 10 days before a period, they either start off very very mild or just explode into a full scale war of awfulness - exhausting!

Her0utdoors · 05/01/2020 19:13

Extra stress, extra alcohol etc are all going to have a negative affect on mood. Add pmt into the mix and it's going to be pretty spectacular.
I did actually wait until I'd started bleeding before I voiced my disgust at his existence, just incase I'd change my mind. I didn't, he's an utter waste of space.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.