My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Dh has bought me something far too expensive. Wibu to send it back?

4 replies

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow · 26/12/2019 10:18

We are struggling a bit financially. I got him thoughtful but nit crazy presents. He got me an upgraded piece of tech. The one I use is getting a bit slow and glitchy,but I only use it for sm and streaming, so not essential. I brought it up last night and he said I'd never get myself a new one when this one dies. (Because this one was a prize I won and I couldn't justify it when there's lots of other essential things we need. )I haven't taken it out of the wrapping and it came from our Amazon account. It's a lovely thought, but it's making me feel terribly guilty.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

13 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
77%
You are NOT being unreasonable
23%
WatchingTheMoon · 26/12/2019 10:22

Only you know enough about your financial situation and how much you use the item to say, really.

Dozer · 26/12/2019 10:25

What do you mean “struggling a bit”?

If you’re struggling and need the money for more important things then yes, it should go back. If you’re just feeling the pinch a bit and would prefer to save, that’s a bit different.

QuickstepQueen · 26/12/2019 10:25

I have taken stuff back that dh has bought me that I thought was stupidly expensive. Not really his fault, I need nothing so he gets a bit stuck - we just don't do gifts anymore and that's much better.

Dozer · 26/12/2019 10:25

Also, if the situation is the former, he didn’t do a “lovely” thing.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.