Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Amazon Q and A

4 replies

MuchBetterNow · 19/12/2019 11:57

I buy a lot from amazon, last night opened a karaoke machine that I was convinced was supposed to come with 2 mics not one (I was actually wrong but hey ho it was cheap enough not to be a problem).

I had a look on the q&a for the product, there were about 50, all reasonable things about wattage, Bluetooth etc but the ANSWERS!!! OMG totally useless rubbish along the lines of "no idea" "I sent it back" "mines is still in the box"

Why do people do this? If you've nothing productive to say why bother?

Humph

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

9 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
22%
You are NOT being unreasonable
78%
katmarie · 19/12/2019 12:03

I have a theory that some people are overwhelmingly compelled to answer any email they get from Amazon with a request for a review or to answer a question because they think it's some sort of official thing they must do, rather than seeing it as an optional and tedious bit of junk mail. It's the only explanation I can come up with for the hundreds of reviews which essentially say 'dunno, bought it as a gift.'

My personal opinion is if you can't apply a bit of critical thinking and ignore an email asking for a review of a product you haven't actually tried out, then you shouldn't be allowed on the internet, but fortunately for those people I don't get to make the rules.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn · 19/12/2019 12:05

I have often thought this and I wonder whether it's because they think the person is actually asking them specifically.

KurriKurri · 19/12/2019 12:07

I agree with PP. If you'vebought an item, Amazon will contact you if people have question. I'm sure people somehow feel compelled to answer.
I've been bombarded with questions since I bought a Vax carpet cleaner a few years ago. I only answer when I feel I can actually be helpful and when the question is a sensible one. (ie not 'will this clean my carpets?' or 'is this a carpet cleaner?' both of which I have ignored Grin)

MatildaTheCat · 19/12/2019 12:08

Unless you have a very specific question based on fact these answers are pretty useless.

It’s the best item I’ve ever owned

Useless piece of crap

So, not very helpful 🤣

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.