My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think listening to R4 today with no election coverage is marvellous and to wish MN could be the same?

16 replies

Trewser · 12/12/2019 09:20

Please, no more bot threads about either party. Just for one day.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

31 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
23%
You are NOT being unreasonable
77%
TheOliphantintheRoom · 12/12/2019 09:22

Agree about the bot threads but i don't want political debate silenced on MN. Just don't read the threads if you don't wish to discuss politics.

Trewser · 12/12/2019 09:23

I am having a day off. It's raining outside and I am going to walk the dogs through the mud.

OP posts:
Trewser · 12/12/2019 09:25

oliphant I'd agree with you but there isn't really any actual debate. Just everyone being horrible to everyone else, on both sides.

OP posts:
bsc · 12/12/2019 09:27

I found it quite heartbreaking listening to Arundhati Roy's interview.
And then Zoe Brock's.

Just bloody awful.

GertiMJN · 12/12/2019 09:38

Just don't open the threads. What is difficult about that?

Wishing to control what other people should want to post about is incredibly immature.

ThunderboltandLightning · 12/12/2019 09:42

I have reported all the bot threads I have seen. At least one poster is now banned, so more fool them if it was a name changer who wanted to use MN for non-political purposes. I have hidden so many threads without even opening them, just trying to get a view that isn't all politics related. Guess I should just get on with my day's work really!

WeirdCatLady · 12/12/2019 09:42

Totally agree op. Is anyone actually being converted by any of these ‘if you vote xx you are awful’ threads??

Currently enjoying a nice warm breakfast here Crown Smile

Samcro · 12/12/2019 09:43

if only the politic topic was used.
how do you tell its a bot?

Sparklingbrook · 12/12/2019 09:44

I might wear the Hide Thread function out today.

echt · 12/12/2019 09:45

You none of you have to click on the threads and get pissed off by them.

Sparklingbrook · 12/12/2019 09:48

You can hide them from Active without even opening them.

YouRemindMeOfTheBabelfish · 12/12/2019 09:53

I use the MN website on an HTC phone, I don't have an option to hide threads without opening them.

What I'd love, is to hide one entire part of the forum, and if people kept political posts to the political section (actually, we do get some from the other section I'd rather visit off my own back than see in the feed, too) then I'd also hide the politics/brexshit section.

I end up clicking on some of the threads otherwise. It's a bit compulsive. Sometimes I lack control over myself.

Censorship isn't right but I should have the right and ability to choose to censor things on a forum personally so that my poor snowflake brain doesn't get triggered.

bsc · 12/12/2019 09:56

And then the chap from the BJP disingenuously asking how Muslims can possibly be persecuted in a Muslim majority country Angry

Samcro · 12/12/2019 09:57

i have hidden so many threads its crazy.

GingleJangleScarecrow · 12/12/2019 10:38

I try not to open any obviously political threads, but I did see a few posts today re "that" photo from the hospital and several posters parrotting confidently that it was faked because FB said so.

Therefore I am not anticipating reading much that is likely to change my mind (actually that is irrelevant as I have a proxy vote and it is already done!). Scary though.

GingleJangleScarecrow · 12/12/2019 10:38

Ooops - posted too soon. Yep, R4 is amazing today.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.