My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Month fucking 15 ttc. Can I have some positive stories please?

95 replies

sparkle2020 · 11/12/2019 15:41

Hi. Month 15 ttc and i just need Some positive stories to hear about ttc naturally when it’s been over a year :( trying to avoid fertility treatments for now because my health isn’t great to start with and I am already back and forwards to hospital so I just don’t want to make ttc another chore really?? But I’m on month 15 now and have been doing OPKs since 26th November, which was the last day of my period (always done it that way cause my ovulation can be quite early at times so I just do it everyday until I ovulate), and have done them twice a day and NOTHING!! Aaaafgh I’m so frustrated. I had visions last year of announcing a baby at Christmas and the same this year and it’s still not happened, I just feel so sick of it 😢😢😢 I switched over to Poundland opks this month, can someone please just tell me they’re shit and faulty? I have ewcm atm but still been negative everyday

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

42 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
29%
You are NOT being unreasonable
71%
AaronBurrSirr · 11/12/2019 17:51

Hi - I spent 2 years TTC with PCOS. This Summer I was referred to infertility clinic and in my first consultation the Dr offhandedly recommended a supplement called Inofolic she had heard good things about. She suggested taking those while we were waiting for all our tests to be done as would take months before could have any treatment. Sceptically bought some on the internet and conceived just over a month later. Now 12+4! I really do have everything crossed for you, I Know the feeling so well Flowers

Edwardbear1 · 11/12/2019 19:03

Have you seen a gp at all? + opks don’t necessarily mean you are ovulating. blood tests (day 21) checking your progesterone level to confirm that ovulation is occurring might be a good start.

It took us 14/15months and I was convinced It was never going to happen- went to gp who started simple tests to rule out quick fixes (blood tests, internal scan etc) and I think it happened just as we we going to be referred for further testing.

Sometimes it can just take a while - fingers crossed it happens for you soon x

MinistryOfTragic · 11/12/2019 19:40

It took over 18 months for me to conceive my DD, I was also convinced it would never happen. Don't lose hope, wishing you all the very best. Flowers

Ginfordinner · 11/12/2019 19:50

What investigations have you had?
It took me 17 years to have DD

SeptemberDaisies · 11/12/2019 19:53

It took us 18 months to conceive my first then fell pregnant with my 2nd first go Hmm sometimes it takes a while. Hang in there x

sparkle2020 · 11/12/2019 19:54

Haven’t had any investigations. My periods are pretty regular, my doctor thinks I have endo because I find sex painful and get really bad cramps but if it was anything other than mild endo then surely it would be a lot worse for me period wise?

@AaronBurrSirr ooh interesting I’ll have to look into that!

To everyone else thanks for your responses I just feel like it’s never going to happen now. Like you know how you just imagine how you’d announce it and every vision you have of that has to change because summers passed, Christmas is passing, etc. Those moments you imagine in your head can’t happen because they’re over? Just feels so shit right now

OP posts:
sparkle2020 · 11/12/2019 19:54

@Ginfordinner 17 years??!

OP posts:
lauryloo · 11/12/2019 19:56

18 months trying with baby 1. Took a break from tracking cycles and obsessing and he was concieved right away.

Good luck op x

24hourshomeedderandcarer · 11/12/2019 19:57

ive got 2 children with out never ever having a period and neither was adopted or IVF

was told at 17 i was infertile and with out expensive ivf i had no chance

son 1 took 6 years just doing unprotected sex as they would offer me anything then(this was 1999 onward)

5 years of the strongest clomid tablet for no 2

theres 6 and half years between them

i have severe PCOS and never had periods and im 38

with the treatment as i wasnt ovulating or seeing periods i was having fortnightly scans and bloods and fortnightly pregnancy tests as i couldnt take the tablets if i was pregnant .i was 3 months off 6 years of trying

i was 2 and half weeks when i found out and he was 16 days over so a long pregnancy

it was a 3 for a pound dipping in type poundland test

so these defo work

Ginfordinner · 11/12/2019 19:59

Yes, 17 years.
I had regular periods with no problems. I had no idea that my internal pumbing wasn't as it should be until I was trying to become pregnant. Investigations showed that I had a unicornuate uterus and only one fallopian tube. I gave up on the idea of getting pregnant, then got pregnant out of the blue at 41. DD is now at university.

I really urge you to go for investigations.

Ginfordinner · 11/12/2019 20:00

plumbing, not pumbing!

Claireshh · 11/12/2019 20:00

Boots Persona fertility monitor worked for me. It turned out that I ovulate around day 19. I followed the Deanna plan and we also used Preseed lubricant which. I’d had a miscarriage and then failed to conceive again. This system really worked. I was also on Metformin as I have PCOS.

MynameisJune · 11/12/2019 20:00

3 years with DD1 and 19 months with DD2, it’s heartbreaking I know and I wish there was an easy solution. I would maybe see your GP to get day 3/5 and day 21 bloods done as a starter. Referral times can be months as well so even though you don’t want to head down that route now but you might want to later on.

We had basically given up with DD2 when we conceived. We took a break for a month as DH was working away. He made it home on day 11 of my cycle and we dtd for fun for a change. 4 weeks later no period, 5 days after that I did a test and now I’m sat typing this with 7 month old DD2 asleep on me.

Keep going, i hope it happens for you.

ThisIsSanta · 11/12/2019 20:01

7 years but then had three is 4 years!

Catapillarsruletheworld · 11/12/2019 20:03

My friend is due her first soon, she tried for 3 years and was trying to convince her husband to try IVF.
Don’t give up hope.

hammeringinmyhead · 11/12/2019 20:03

We started trying New Year 2017 and I conceived Feb 2018 so it was 14 months ish. We conceived the week after we both went for tests, before the results came back clear!

Cottipus · 11/12/2019 20:06

Infertility is really shit and I’m sorry that you’re going through it. I can completely sympathise with the expectation you’ll be pregnant and putting your life on hold only for nothing to happen. It’s soul destroying.

I can also understand your reluctance to seek medical assistance, however I think it would wise to visit your gp and have some preliminary tests. Even if you are referred to a fertility clinic, you don’t have to proceed with treatment if you don’t feel ready.

In the meantime you might like to read “It Starts With the Egg” which has some scientific based advice on how to maximise egg quality.

I’m afraid I don’t have a ttc naturally happy ending, it took 4 years and 2 x rounds of IVF to get DD but I was in your position a few years ago.

Grumpos · 11/12/2019 20:07

Two in two years after years and years of trying and investigations (nothing found).
It might be worth putting a bit of a time limit on some basic testing - so say by 18/24 months. You can get the basic day 3 and day 21 tests done by GP, which will just give you an understanding of hormone levels in relation to egg quantities and ovulation, they aren’t the be all and end all of tests but it’s something you can do without too much intrusion.

Jollitwiglet · 11/12/2019 20:10

Severity of symptoms of endo doesn't actually necessarily indicate how bad your case is. You can have widespread deep infiltrating endo with minimal symptoms, and small patches of endo with severe symptoms. Some women don't know they have it until they are investigated for fertility problems. I would really recommend having investigations done, the only way to truly rule out endo is with a laparascopy.

Good luck

pigcon1 · 11/12/2019 20:11

5 years TTC, 2 rounds of IVF - first ectopic pregnancy, second twins (now 8). It can be very hard and I wish you well.

ViaSacra · 11/12/2019 20:12

Get yourself to your GP - both you and your dh. If there is a problem, it may not be with you - the suspected endo could well be a red herring.

BestIsWest · 11/12/2019 20:18

3 years with DC1 and 4 with DC2. Conceived naturally in the end. No reason at all that we know of.

It’s very tough, don’t give up Flowers

legalseagull · 11/12/2019 20:18

18 months of TTC and having various tests. Everything was fine so I don't know what was going on. We were on the list to start ivf when I fell pregnant. The following two pregnancies were the first month of trying! Completely random and I think maybe stress

EL8888 · 11/12/2019 20:25

Totally not unreasonable. I’m over 1.5 years into trying to conceive and it’s a nightmare! Tried naturally for ages, did 2 cycles of Clomid (didn’t work) and a cycle of IVF (didn’t work either).

Another vote for you going to your GP and ask for some tests. Good luck with it all.

polkadotpixie · 11/12/2019 20:25

It took us 13 cycles but I conceived naturally. The only things different that month were I had a HSG which I think cleared my tubes and I took baby aspirin after ovulation to try and improve my uterine blood flow and aid implantation

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.