Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To be completely bored of life?

6 replies

Kwhatnow · 11/12/2019 15:20

Feeling miserable and nothing seems to help.
Always struggling financially and borrowing and owing.
Living from one wage to the other.
I’m just bored of life I see no point in anything at all.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

7 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
29%
You are NOT being unreasonable
71%
halloumi2019 · 11/12/2019 15:22

I sort of feel the same. I miss life when I was younger with less responsibilities etc and could do whatever I wanted with little repercussion.

Now I’m a fully fledged adult with a tiring career and bills etc life can be quite boring.

SoleBizzz · 11/12/2019 15:29

Shit innit

PurpleDaisies · 11/12/2019 15:33

This time of year isn’t much fun.

tensmum1964 · 11/12/2019 15:38

I feel exactly the same. I keep thinking that whilst I cant do anything about the financial issue at the minute that I should try to do something to stop the relentless boredom. The problem is, I cant afford the hobby that I would like to pursue and I have no motivation or ideas about other ways of finding life more interesting. I feel guilty for feeling bored and also feel resentful for being so restricted. I think Ive got to stop moaning and take action as I am the only person that can make the changes but really struggling to know where to start.

TheReluctantCountess · 11/12/2019 15:39

Yup. Same here. And everyone else seems to be living a much better life.

KellyHall · 11/12/2019 15:42

Get some financial advice, e.g. from Citizen's Advice Bureau. Make a budget and stick to it. Downsize your accommodation, bills, etc as much as possible - what do you actually need to be spending money on? Are there cheaper alternatives?

What do you enjoy doing that doesn't cost money? If nothing, find things.

If you don't make changes nothing in your life will ever change. If you want to be happy, make it happen.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.