My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

to think this delivery driver was a right CF?

76 replies

DinoSn0re · 30/11/2019 21:24

Expecting a delivery of two parcels yesterday, I wasn’t in to take them as had to go to an appointment, but live on a street where there are plenty of neighbours and we all happily take in each other’s parcels all the time. When I arrived home, there was nothing there, so checked that the neighbours didn’t have them, which they didn’t. Checked the delivery tracker and could see that they had been delivered so, as they weren’t there now, presumably they had been stolen. This particular delivery driver often just leaves stuff outside the front of our house, although I have never asked for that to happen. I rang the company I had ordered the items from, they launched an investigation and by the end of yesterday had refunded me.
This morning we were disturbed by someone banging loudly on the door, my husband answered the door to the irate delivery driver who was having a go at us, repeating to us over and over again that he’d left the parcels by our front door. We obviously pointed out to him that it was a stupid thing to do! AIBU to think he’s a right cheeky fucker to disturb our day off to come and have a go at us about something that is his fault?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

947 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
2%
You are NOT being unreasonable
98%
AllergicToAMop · 30/11/2019 21:37

I would report that in all seriousness! He has NO right to do that

billy1966 · 30/11/2019 21:41

Report him.

AreYouHavinALaugh · 30/11/2019 21:42

You should report him to the delivery company. I assume it isn't royal mail.
Some delivery companies have tracking so you can see when the parcel is coming. Was he in uniform the next day? Or did he have a delivery van? I would definitely report him. How scary, what if you were alone? He may have become very aggressive. I would say that as he knows your address and came back for non work reasons that this is threatening behaviour and he could probably get done for using your private info (address).

Aridane · 30/11/2019 21:42

WTAF

NO, not a CF but grossly unprofessional and intimidating

Report!

Aridane · 30/11/2019 21:43

A few this is the 1st thread I have seen a poll of 0% YANBU

NightsOfCabiria · 30/11/2019 21:45

Wow. So they were stolen. What did he say and how did you get him to leave. As others have said, I’d report him.

JasonPollack · 30/11/2019 21:47

Report the aggressive eedjit.

DinoSn0re · 30/11/2019 21:52

My husband wanted to report him but I stopped him, I’m very nervous that there could be further repercussions as he knows where we live.

He was in his usual high vis jacket and had his work van.

OP posts:
DinoSn0re · 30/11/2019 22:05

No, not Royal Mail. Our local posties are brilliant.

OP posts:
Icanflyhigh · 30/11/2019 22:11

Definitely report. My Hermes and Yodel are a nightmare for leaving stuff at the front of properties. They left a wine delivery for me not that long ago, with a note through the door to say they had left it in the porch.
We don't have a porch 🙄🧐

It was sorted out at the depot and the wine co, but apparently it is go to response for drivers to say they left in porch.

YANBU and he is not so much CF aa completely unprofessional.

Dustarr73 · 30/11/2019 22:14

Report him,the next person he does it to could be vulnerable.
Plus the way he went on,the cynic in me thinks he delivered them alright.To his own front door.

Aridane · 30/11/2019 22:24

Please report

Cherrysoup · 30/11/2019 22:28

Definitely report. He won’t be dumb enough to come back because he knows the company can track him and tell the police where he lives.

Aridane · 30/11/2019 22:29

You don't want him delivering any more parcels, do you? Report!

Tooner · 30/11/2019 22:55

Incan understand your reluctance because of possible repercussions but I would have to report him for having the audacity to come to your door and having a go at you. After all, he didn't do his job properly.

MistyCloud · 30/11/2019 22:57

YANBU obvs. But when I have a package coming, I can choose a 'safe place' for it to be left (if I am not in.)

So I choose 'in the shed.'

Do you not have any options like this?

PepePig · 30/11/2019 23:02

YANBU. Delivery drivers have been doing my tits in recently. I was expecting a parcel last week, and no exaggeration, he slammed on the door, rang the door bell repeatedly and started walking down the side of the house shouting HELLOOOOO before I answered the door. This all happened in about 8 seconds total. Whatever happened to waiting politely for 20 seconds? I'm surprised he didn't wake my sleeping baby with all his racket.

Some delivery drivers are lovely, but some are entitled arseholes. Report him. I didn't with mine and I should have. Rudeness isn't acceptable in any job.

Jeschara · 30/11/2019 23:09

Report him, I would not think twice about it. Idiot, unprofessional, and now harassing the customers, this is just not on.

DinoSn0re · 30/11/2019 23:22

@MistyCloud unfortunately not, our house is pretty much straight onto the street, only a small bit of lawn separates it. I can’t put anything on that area to leave parcels in as our deeds prevent it. No porch either. Our side access is shared with other neighbours and by everyone’s agreement, is kept locked (there were a number of break ins with sheds a while ago with access being gained by the side access), so we can’t have deliveries taken round to back of the house. Our neighbours really are great and as I said, we all take in parcels for each other a lot, as a few of us work from home on different days so just help each other out. I’ve spoken to four of my neighbours today, three of them were definitely in during that delivery time and he didn’t try to leave it with any of them.

OP posts:
MissPepper8 · 30/11/2019 23:22

Dick not so much as a cf, I'd report him to the company for what he did. He had no right to knock on your front door.

We had an amazon delivery today, 2 hours later after its delivery slot I'm wondering where it is so I look and its marked as "delivered" I get my shoes on to go ask my neighbours, as I had seen the driver at that time and on my doorstep is my parcel.

It's such a stupid thing to do! I live on a housing estate but plenty of people use it as a walk through to fields. Another parcel delivery person does this too, wedges it down the side of my fence.

DinoSn0re · 30/11/2019 23:24

No, I don’t want him delivering anymore parcels but unfortunately he delivers a lot of parcels from a particular company for me; I have to use that company for supplies for my work. I’m not sure how I’ll get round that problem.

I have taken all the advice on board though and will report him tomorrow.

OP posts:
sableandI · 30/11/2019 23:26

Everyone is so quick to say Report people on here. It's as if they never do anything wrong in life and are perfect. Get real. Don't report him. They have such high targets to reach and are on a low wage. He was wrong to shout at you but try and understand that he will have got into trouble for the missing parcels. Maybe even a warning. He could loose his job.

SheSaidHummingbird · 30/11/2019 23:27

report report report

Mumtotwo82 · 30/11/2019 23:29

Some people are unbelievable, it was his fault your parcels got stolen and an inconvenience for you but he had the cheek to come round having a go! Think my husband would kick him off the door!

DinoSn0re · 30/11/2019 23:30

@PepePig yes this driver is like that, when I’ve been in and he’s delivered before he will hammer so loudly on the door that it terrifies my children and barely gives me time to get he door open before he’s scarpering off back to his van.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.